OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

You are not fat sports brah, at all. Train hard and eat enough to gain steady weight for a year and then take another look, basically everything that Skillmister has already suggested.

The reason you look skinny yet soft is because you have very little mass beneath the fat, I strongly suggest fixing this before you ever consider 'cutting'. In this case you are not cutting weight, you are making your skeletal build all the more noticeable.

You are not fat sports brah, at all. Train hard and eat enough to gain steady weight for a year and then take another look, basically everything that Skillmister has already suggested.

The reason you look skinny yet soft is because you have very little mass beneath the fat, I strongly suggest fixing this before you ever consider 'cutting'. In this case you are not cutting weight, you are making your skeletal build all the more noticeable.

Always makes me laugh when ppl with this build think they are fat, as if they lost a bit of weight thered be all this rippling muscle underneath right? I think its a pretty common misunderstanding of base human physiology. Same as how fat guys think they are strong naturally. Its all just weird.

Always makes me laugh when ppl with this build think they are fat, as if they lost a bit of weight thered be all this rippling muscle underneath right? I think its a pretty common misunderstanding of base human physiology. Same as how fat guys think they are strong naturally. Its all just weird.

It tends to be mental related, while you may find it amusing, it isn't for the person in question, all they see if the small pockets of fat.

Some pics of me at 217 lbs. Body fat is around 20%. Want to cut down to around 200 lbs and then focus on adding more mass.

vlcsnap-2013-04-29-09h32m30s190_zpsa21710cf.png
[/URL][/IMG]

vlcsnap-2013-04-29-09h34m34s143_zps096aba4c.png
[/URL][/IMG]
vlcsnap-2013-04-29-09h36m01s28_zps4d961430.png
[/URL][/IMG]

vlcsnap-2013-04-29-09h35m52s150_zps568b0984.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I use an accumeasure fat caliper. Not sure how accurate it is. The instructions say to pinch an inch above the right hip bone for the measurement.

From the little knowledge I know about callipers there's a few things to note.
1) you take multiple measurements at the correct sites on your body.
2) results can be out by a fair bit, which can be mitigated somewhat by using a skilled professional.

I would cut and use the mirror to gauge progress. You don't appear to have as much mass as 20% BF would suggest.

Last edited:
From the little knowledge I know about callipers there's a few things to note.
1) you take multiple measurements at the correct sites on your body.
2) results can be out by a fair bit, which can be mitigated somewhat by using a skilled professional.

I would cut and use the mirror to gauge progress. You don't appear to have as much mass as 20% BF would suggest.
Really? Visually, I'd say possibly even above 20 (no offense to Phoenix)

Back
Top Bottom