OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

I certainly eat a lot more meals now, before it was just all **** really. As soon as I started hitting the gym I noticed myself needing way more calorie intake, I just started taking shakes post-workout as of yesterday too to help the intake.

Yeah I think I'm gonna try and keep lean. I don't want to be massively ripped like 90% of you guys in here, I don't have the body size or figure for that. I just want to be muscular and toned. :)

"You have a BMR of 1616.68" - So my calorie intake should be about 2500 according to the equation...

Last edited:
I certainly eat a lot more meals now, before it was just all **** really. As soon as I started hitting the gym I noticed myself needing way more calorie intake, I just started taking shakes post-workout as of yesterday too to help the intake.

Yeah I think I'm gonna try and keep lean. I don't want to be massively ripped like 90% of you guys in here, I don't have the body size or figure for that. I just want to be muscular and toned. :)

:o

First off, why do you think your body size/figure has any bearing on anything if you've only just started lifting? ;) :D

And secondly, use of the word 'toned' is likely to get you into a fair amount of trouble. What you're trying to express is "lean" or "low body fat."

And shakes are one way of getting more calories: more food is another way of getting more calories. ;)

I guess I would like to see where I'll be in a years time! & I'm new to this, sorry for using the incorrect terms ;)

With me being a student on a low paid part time job and living at home, I'm definitely finding it hard to stick to a diet. Though my mother has been buying plenty of eggs, steaks and fish for me it's still not consistent enough and after 2 weeks she's already complaining of me emptying the cupboards... Once I start Uni and get my loans I'll be able to stick to a proper building diet :D

I guess I would like to see where I'll be in a years time! & I'm new to this, sorry for using the incorrect terms ;)

With me being a student on a low paid part time job and living at home, I'm definitely finding it hard to stick to a diet. Though my mother has been buying plenty of eggs, steaks and fish for me it's still not consistent enough and after 2 weeks she's already complaining of me emptying the cupboards... Once I start Uni and get my loans I'll be able to stick to a proper building diet :D

Money issues, I can relate :p

As you say, things like the following should be reasonably cheap:

Eggs (get the cheapo ones, it's an eggs, not a gold coin)
Chicken (frozen if needs be, Tesco is the best i've had personally)
Frozen white fish (tesco's again)

Carbs, things like sweet potato is reasonably cheap, along with Rice in the big bags will last a while.

Alternatively you can order chicken and meats online, it's not always the cheapest option though.

Other than that, see if there is a local butchers who can get you a good deal on bulk orders or something.

Didn't know this existed! Joined the gym 2 weeks ago today and in those two weeks I've put some weight on which is nice. I'm 5'11" and weighed 55kg in the first photo. I don't know what I weigh now as I haven't had a chance to weigh myself. I think the reason I've seen good gains is because I've eaten like an absolute horse - steaks, eggs, salmon, chicken and cut out most other crap I eat. I also pretty much only could gain, I didn't need to lose any fat and was toned to begin with. I think I'll stick at training! :)

9th July:
2wp44g5.png

19th July:
fjnw5s.png

:( you look painfully thin. Luckily you came to a good place for advice. Now for the love of god EAT + lift!!

Good on you, Illuz!

I have a friend that's always been the skinniest guy I've seen outside of concentration camp footage (He made you look like captain america) and he's now managed to transform himself over the past year with consistent training.

Stick with it mate :)

Good on you, Illuz!

I have a friend that's always been the skinniest guy I've seen outside of concentration camp footage (He made you look like captain america) and he's now managed to transform himself over the past year with consistent training.

Stick with it mate :)

Cheers mate, I intend to!

Back
Top Bottom