OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
I see gains. Nice work!

You're a cyclist, right?

Thanks! Yeah I commute to work and cycle in my free time quite a bit, average of ~100miles/week. It does make eating the correct amount of food harder but I'm doing OK when it comes it! After new year I'll be adding more food to my diet to see how that works! Currently I'm happy with how things are going, getting stronger and best of all back is getting thicker.

kai

kai

Soldato
Fairly new shoot image - hoping this one get's picked up soon ;) This is before my appendix operation. **must learn to crunch obliques :(

8wcl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Got quite lazy the past year with the new job and put on a lot of weight. Decided in May to shift it again. Results so far below, pretty happy.

Aiming for a little bit more cut and then slowly increase calories to try gain some more upper shoulder/arm size.

Combined_zps7393c5c1.jpg

Associate
Nice. How much back work do you do?

Kai: tight as always, but will we ever see your back?

Hmmmm... Do I have a back fetish? :eek: :cool:

Thank you!

Twice a week usually, including deadlifts until I can lift no more :) (Usually max out around 145KG)

Bench Max weight is around 105KG (x4 reps)

Just to give an idea.

You managed that in such a small space of time? :eek:

I've done it before. It takes a lot of persistance, diet change and hard work.

Typical week break down
-25/30 Min run
-45 Min weight lifting (Pretty varied mix of things from snatches, bench, squats, deadlifts and some core strength stuff).
-Eat 5/6 Times daily (~500kcal meals, high protein)
-Low Carb

I enjoy my training, I manage to make it surround my life style which is college 5 days a week followed by working in the evenings. I have access to running grounds and GYM at college and access to the same at work. I usually train mon-sat.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know how some of you guys change so fast!

I've found progress *really* slow, but I think that might be for a few reasons in my case:

1) I'm small, both in height (5' 4") and build (6" wrists, 7.25" ankles).
2) I wasn't sporty as a kid and only started dieting and lifting when I was 29.
3) I travel a LOT for work (3 weeks a month) and this plays havoc with both diet and training.

Anyway, enough excuses, here's what I've achieved in almost 4 years of lifting / dieting:

2008, before I did anything (130 lb):

1_April_2008_130lb.jpg

2010 after mainly cutting (110 lb):

3_August_2010_110lb.jpg

2011 after a bulk/cut cycle (120 lb):

5_Apr_2011_120lb.jpg

2012 after another bulk/cut (122 lb):

7_Dec_2012_122lb.jpg

2013 after another bulk/cut (126 lb):

9_Oct_2013_126lb.jpg

Currently weighing exactly 9 st / 57 kg (BMI 21.6) and lifting as follows:

Deadlift = 118 kg x 6 (disappointed with this - I lost a lot of strength last year for some reason - probably technique / changing gym / time off etc.)

Squat = 110 kg x 6 (pretty happy with this - almost double BW for reps, although I only go to parallel because my back rounds in below this)

DB Bench = 38 kg x 6 (one of my favourite exercises and happy with this - need to try barbell but expect I could do ~85 kg)

Weighted chins = +33 kg x 1 (very happy with these - this is 1.6 x bodyweight!).

I find it very hard to stay lean, but I put this down to poor insulin sensitivity (23andme confirms, as does diabetes in my family) and the travelling, meaning that my diet is not as precise as I would like.

Training / Diet is based on the following:

Leangains / IF - 50% higher calories on workout days (carbs). Lower cals/carbs and higher protein on rest days.

Starting Strength / LeanGains - Concentrating on progressive overload and the main exercises - Squats, Deadlifts, Benchpress, Weighted Chins

Supplements:

Creatine
Whey / Casein
Multivitamin
Fish Oil

e.g. Food:

Vegetables / Salads
Salmon
Eggs / Egg whites
Venison
Whey / Casein
Blueberries
Wholemeal bread (workout days)
Rice (workout days)

Man of Honour
Huh! i have posted a ton of images of my back :)

To name but a few.

Only ever seen the first one. :)

Still, you have immense shoulders and arms, but your thorax and lumbar don't seem to have benefitted from quite as much attention. I know this is primarily due to your chosen market focus as a model, but to me (and why should you care...) but you could be even more awesome. :D

Soldato
Only ever seen the first one. :)

Still, you have immense shoulders and arms, but your thorax and lumbar don't seem to have benefitted from quite as much attention. I know this is primarily due to your chosen market focus as a model, but to me (and why should you care...) but you could be even more awesome. :D

Red Bull = instant wings.

Back
Top Bottom