OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Whats the MH look? Men's health? Even they look too big to me lol... but yes they do look good. In fairness I ignored all your advice before and went to get more ripped. I went from 11 1/2 stone to 10 1/2 and infact I look bigger and I am stronger aswell drug free. I do have fat on me but I think a lot of you guys have far too much fat on yourselves so comparing me to you is not the same, I look at footballers and look at me theres a massive difference. I don't want the massive look I don't care for it. I want to look lean and just every muscle visible without looking too ill and skinny I want to be a normal size. 11 stone low bodyfat is my goal.

Soldato

That's fair enough and you do look good in those pictures but I definetly wouldn't advice lowering body fat more than that. Theres a guy with a similar look to that in my gym and its really nasty, rather than lean muscle you can see all the tendons and stuff in his back (I'd guess around <7% body fat at 10 stone).

Soldato
That's fair enough and you do look good in those pictures but I definetly wouldn't advice lowering body fat more than that. Theres a guy with a similar look to that in my gym and its really nasty, rather than lean muscle you can see all the tendons and stuff in his back (I'd guess around <7% body fat at 10 stone).

I love that lol I think that looks good am I not the only one? I want to see all the lines across the shoulder muscles and chest when I flex it a little. My back is probably my best asset shame none of the pics show it there but it's really symetical and a nice shape too i'll try and find a pic.

Soldato
I love that lol I think that looks good am I not the only one?

No you're not, I consider most of what other people on here consider good, fat. Go for you want to look like, not what other tell you you should look like. Within reason of course, you don't want to degrade your health by trying to take your body fat too low or something.

Soldato
No you're not, I consider most of what other people on here consider good, fat. Go for you want to look like, not what other tell you you should look like. Within reason of course, you don't want to degrade your health by trying to take your body fat too low or something.

See I find your body and shifty_uk (is that the right username?) the best by a country mile lol... I find most other guys just look fat to me. Sure be big if you want to but why carry soo much fat? Freefaller has the most desireable body to me out of the big guys because he looks good as he's preety cut and tall, when small guys are massive they look even shorter and it looks bad imo. It's all about bulk it seems but neglect the cut part.

I'd be happy with a bit more mass (not much) and about 10% bodyfat something I feel I could maintain.

Soldato
ocukback1.jpg

ocukback2.jpg

back3j.jpg

Some back ones, stupidly low res pics sorry,

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Seeing muscle fibres and striations is fine - and that's possible 10% and under. Anything sub 8% is ridiculous and becomes more of a chore than something worthwhile keeping in my opinion.

I personally like a balance between muscle mass and being lean. I'd rather be a bit more muscular than excessively lean, just because my lifestyle is better suited to it.

BTW thanks for the gracious complement Vegeta :o

IMO you're lean enough, if you were to add some lean muscle i.e. don't change your bodyfat you'd get the striations and you'd get the look you're looking for, you don't need to cut.

Soldato
See I find your body and shifty_uk (is that the right username?) the best by a country mile lol... I find most other guys just look fat to me. Sure be big if you want to but why carry soo much fat? Freefaller has the most desireable body to me out of the big guys because he looks good as he's preety cut and tall, when small guys are massive they look even shorter and it looks bad imo. It's all about bulk it seems but neglect the cut part.

I'd be happy with a bit more mass (not much) and about 10% bodyfat something I feel I could maintain.

Nah this guy does not look good, even the lean guys will poke fun at him (words dont describe how little body fat he has). I didnt cut down to uber low body fat instantly as I knew I wouldn't be able to maintain it whilst trying to gain weight (I've probably got about the same fat as the average bloke now, just weigh a fair bit more).

Soldato
I don't like this whole BULK/CUT thing. Can I not just get as cut as I possibly can. Eat clean and add some meat on me whilst keep the fat off? Why must I eat like a pig for 3 months then starve myself and run like forrest gump the next three changing the way I look 3-4 times a year :/

Soldato
Just eat healthy, plenty of protein low fat and carbs = the key?

I reckon what you should do is increase protein intake, and keep to a healthy diet, if you find you're not making enough gains (around 1-2 pounds a month)
increase food intake, and if you find your bf going up, slightly decrease food intake

Soldato
Nah this guy does not look good, even the lean guys will poke fun at him (words dont describe how little body fat he has).

Gee... thanks.

Must be nice for you guys to be able to eat as much as you want, but some of us actually want to apply ourselves to sports, sports which limit you into weight classes, and don't train just to 'look good'.

Just to clarify I didn't call anyone in this thread fat, I was talking about the general outlook. Maybe I should just stay the hell out of this thread, it's for 'bodybuilders' after all... although I consider what I'm doing building a better body, just not for size.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dunno. I find that girls prefer a guy who has more muscle, not masses though, than someone who's skinny. Let's be honest, no matter how 'ripped' a 10st guy looks, put him next to one of 13st with a standard body fat (no belly, just not really cut), they're gonna look better.

I'm 5' 11'' and weigh about 12st 9-10 and don't have much BF Aiming for just over 13, then I'm done.

Not sure how tall you are, but imo I am right on the lower boundary of having enough lean mass to look muscular at all. Less just looks like a child's physique.
eg, me 3 months ago:

Man of Honour
OP
Gee... thanks.

Must be nice for you guys to be able to eat as much as you want, but some of us actually want to apply ourselves to sports, sports which limit you into weight classes, and don't train just to 'look good'.

Just to clarify I didn't call anyone in this thread fat, I was talking about the general outlook. Maybe I should just stay the hell out of this thread, it's for 'bodybuilders' after all... although I consider what I'm doing building a better body, just not for size.

Some of us like to apply and be functional with our physiques too!

Man of Honour
another month another set of pictures from me, are you all bored of looking at me yet? :p
Not a massive amount of change this month probably due to a week off ill and my birthday weekend.

Soldato
I dunno. I find that girls prefer a guy who has more muscle, not masses though, than someone who's skinny. Let's be honest, no matter how 'ripped' a 10st guy looks, put him next to one of 13st with a standard body fat (no belly, just not really cut), they're gonna look better.

We must know different types of girls... but then living right next to a beach I get more opportunities to take my t-shirt off :p I can promise you I get a lot of compliments on my body. Although I will fully admit looking at the pictures of your back, I know I'd prefer to have your upper back/shoulders, they look a lot more powerful.
Going to keep posting pictures anyhow if only to annoy the bear-mode brigade.

Think my shoulders have grown a bit due to all the punching drills we've been going through, still no chest to speak of, although I think my biceps looks slightly better. I continue to be pleased with my back.

clipboard03k.jpg
clipboard01yoo.png

5'11", 73Kgs atm, but I want to be fighting below 70Kgs, should be pretty easy to drop that much water weight before a fight.

Last edited:
Soldato
The trousers are about five years old and 36 waist, I've tried using a normal belt but it bunches up the material and makes it all uncomfortable. I refuse to get rid of them as they are so worn thin and soft, luckily for the general public I only wear them about the house :D

(they were originally a smart and expensive pair of Armani's, from a time when I used to care about that sort of stuff)

That's a huge change if you ask me tom_e, looking so much wider and a much better V shape, looks like you've lost some fat also. Nice work :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom