• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Intel Raptor Lake review thread

the buttom line is Intel have now done what AMD used to do beating AMD at their own game.
better / same performance for less money.
the rest is just sore AMD fanboy RANT.
as for the saless figure..it's literally the first day of launch :p things will change.
I expect huge price cut by AMD.or the whole Zen 4 will be a flop.

the buttom line is Intel have now done what AMD used to do beating AMD at their own game.
as for the saless figure..it's literally the first day of launch :p things will change.

Its great to see next up to come is 7000x3d which probably get back the gaming crown I can see board and ddr5 prices dropping

I'm just waiting for the dust to settle and see how the x3d is

In case you hadn't noticed AMD have moved on. Node and platform with all 'big cores' (real ones).
Sales? I'm sure AMD can adjust the price of Zen 4, but how are Intel fixed with their huge big / little dies?
Bottom line, Intel still playing catch up. Can't wait for xxxxlake whatever ;)

In case you hadn't noticed AMD have moved on. Node and platform with all 'big cores' (real ones).
Sales? I'm sure AMD can adjust the price of Zen 4, but how are Intel fixed with their huge big / little dies?

Meteor Lake is Intel doing it's on take on chiplets. It's the release after this one. Intel is at a process node disadvantage to AMD but next generation they are using a mixture of TSMC and Intel nodes,which will close the gap. The basic design of the cores seem fine and the small cores are around Skylake level so not that weak.

Meteor lake will be interesting

Intel will have the existing complexity of P and E cores to manage and added to that will be that P and E cores are split into seperate chiplets across their version of infinity fabric which will add latency as it does for amd and create more complications for windows

Last edited:
Meteor lake will be interesting

Intel will have the existing complexity of P and E cores to manage and added to that will be that P and E cores are split into seperate chiplets across their version of infinity fabric which will add latency as it does for amd and create more complications for windows
Intel packaging technologies are quite sophisticated. Just look at Intel Lakefield which already had hybrid cores:

So Intel has already trialed the technology they will most likely use.

move on to what? to greed and doing exactly what "evil" Intel used to do when they were leading?
I think that's why AMD somehow rushed to launch ZEN 4 before Intel because they knew they don't have anything impressive.
catch up? if anything all signs pointing to AMD needing to copy intel's idea of efficiency cores..it works.there's so many "full" cores they can put on these chips before thermals/power draw make it totally impossible .
it's no secret that Zen 4 were not selling and with Raptor Lake price/performance shown, ZEN 4 is lookimng even worse.
AMD will be forced to drop ZEN 4 prices prematurely, that's almost guaranteed ;)

The 13600K looks to be an impressive all-rounder, especially where productivity is concerned. Very punchy indeed for an i5.

Undervolt it, and I assume we have a better thermal/power draw experience with a vast majority of the performance intact.

Looks to be the star of the line-up so far.

Last edited:
move on to what? to greed and doing exactly what "evil" Intel used to do when they were leading?
I think that's why AMD somehow rushed to launch ZEN 4 before Intel because they knew they don't have anything impressive.
catch up? if anything all signs pointing to AMD needing to copy intel's idea of efficiency cores..it works.there's so many "full" cores they can put on these chips before thermals/power draw make it totally impossible .
it's no secret that Zen 4 were not selling and with Raptor Lake price/performance shown, ZEN 4 is lookimng even worse.
AMD will be forced to drop ZEN 4 prices prematurely, that's almost guaranteed ;)
Sale of MobilEye, 20,000 job cuts, impending price increases, falling sales (all dept's). no serious DC chips, planned 3Nm at TSMC, Make do 'E' cores.
AMD should be very very worried.

Many here don't remember AMD during the Athlon 64 days,with the bifurcated platforms(socket 754,QuadFX),many of which didn't last long and the high prices. They only remember the "good AMD" when they did socket AM4,or the Phenom II. They are quite capable of doing what Intel did. This is why competition from both companies is important to keep each other real.
The 13600K looks to be an impressive all-rounder, especially where productivity is concerned. Very punchy indeed for an i5.

Undervolt it, and I assume we have a better thermal/power draw experience with a vast majority of the performance intact.

Looks to be the star of the line-up so far.

It is,though I see people trying to spin the Ryzen 5 7600X as better. Not even R/AMD seems to agree. If AMD had priced the Ryzen 7 7700X lower,Intel would not have had a chance IMHO. Nothing a bit of a price cut can't sort out,but the CPUs barely launched a month ago.

Last edited:
Looks like Derbauer has tried tuning the Core i9 13900K for efficiency with some great results:

eTkQgSs.png
ovu8Q1I.png
VmmEKh5.png

Last edited:
I think that while none of that isn't true, people - especially in enthusiast forums - tend to pay far too little attention at the server market.

And Intel's monstrously large p-cores are pretty unsuitable for servers. And that is the area Intel needs to improve on.

Back
Top Bottom