OcUK Rolling Road Day 22 @ Viezu & Caffeine and Machine (Warwickshire) - Saturday 1st December 2018

Soldato
OP
Associate
Would the Dyno operators allow me to have my Versatuner laptop plugged into my OBD to log all the data whilst it's running?

Also does this Dyno place have decent fan setups that are actually capable of cooling a TMIC via a bonnet scoop?

I took the MPS to DynoDaze and it came off the Dyno running shy of 110c. Charged Intake Air temps were over 70c... it chucked out so much smoke and just about ran stock. Which is wrong as it's mapped for 300+

Don't fancy wasteing a day and £35 if it's just going to nearly overheat and pull crappy numbers again.

Hi there, we have a very good high quality fan system for our dyno here and we run a lot of high powered cars on the dyno. we do suggest a car will get 3 good runs on the dyno before the power drops due to heat. a top mount intercooler does tend to run a little hotter due to air flow. with regards to the laptop this wont be an issue at all, I look forward to seeing you son the 1st thank James

Soldato
Hi there, we have a very good high quality fan system for our dyno here and we run a lot of high powered cars on the dyno. we do suggest a car will get 3 good runs on the dyno before the power drops due to heat. a top mount intercooler does tend to run a little hotter due to air flow. with regards to the laptop this wont be an issue at all, I look forward to seeing you son the 1st thank James

Do you have a fan with ducting to cool a TMIC directly?

Soldato
OP
I think we can deduce the answer is no from what he has said...

If you want ducting to your TMIC you're only going to find a few places that do it. Even RCM where mine is tuned doesn't have ducting for it. Only places I've seen with it were Powerstation and TI now.

Associate
Since i'm not allowed to bring my hat ill bring a box of tissues instead :D

Sorry, I had to

Magic-hat-tissue-box_o_7440.jpg

Soldato
I think we can deduce the answer is no from what he has said...

If you want ducting to your TMIC you're only going to find a few places that do it. Even RCM where mine is tuned doesn't have ducting for it. Only places I've seen with it were Powerstation and TI now.
Seems a bit of an oversight tbh. Not exactly hard to make one :/

Back
Top Bottom