OcUK Rolling Road Day 22 @ Viezu & Caffeine and Machine (Warwickshire) - Saturday 1st December 2018

Man of Honour
I used Justin to map mine.
Still in the process of mapping it.

I use the road to get data logs to be used to tweak the maps ;) how it should be done.

E-tunes are ******* in the wind, you can't always rely on OEM knock control strategys to look after you, and you certainly can't optimise cam and ignition timing without being able to physically measure torque output.

Road tunes can be great for getting driveability perfect, but making the best power and keeping things together is a different matter

Soldato
if you car doesnt make enough power on the dyno because the top mount overheats, maybe you should consider getting a car with a proper sized scoop :D

CCfiasFUkAAm6ne.png

Soldato
E-tunes are ******* in the wind, you can't always rely on OEM knock control strategys to look after you, and you certainly can't optimise cam and ignition timing without being able to physically measure torque output.

Road tunes can be great for getting driveability perfect, but making the best power and keeping things together is a different matter
The tuner I use is the main tuner for the MPS platform. He has tuned over 400 MPS cars. All the way to 550+ BHP.

It takes up to 20 revisions to get the map sorted, it's mini steps with each revision.
Something that 90% of all mappers with a Dyno dont actually do...

Correctly setup Virtual Dyno and a flat road can get some surprisingly accurate torque curves.

And tbh, I'm not after power, will need a better turbo for that

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The tuner I use is the main tuner for the MPS platform. He has tuned over 400 MPS cars. All the way to 550+ BHP.

It takes up to 20 revisions to get the map sorted, it's mini steps with each revision.
Something that 90% of all mappers with a Dyno dont actually do...

Correctly setup Virtual Dyno and a flat road can get some surprisingly accurate torque curves.

And tbh, I'm not after power, will need a better turbo for that

I'm not doubting that he's good at what he does, e-tunes and road tunes both have their place and so does virtual dyno, I've used it a lot.

There's tuners and there's tuners, one will spend 2-3+ hours with a car on a dyno and go through 20 or 30 ROM revisions, the other will flash a generic "stage x" tune and call it a day.

As kindai said interested to see what it makes compared to stock

Soldato
I'm not doubting that he's good at what he does, e-tunes and road tunes both have their place and so does virtual dyno, I've used it a lot.

There's tuners and there's tuners, one will spend 2-3+ hours with a car on a dyno and go through 20 or 30 ROM revisions, the other will flash a generic "stage x" tune and call it a day.

As kindai said interested to see what it makes compared to stock

Unfortunately, can't do a Dyno map. No one local has the ability to keep the car cool enough for multiple runs lol

Associate
  1. @Meaker - Veloster Turbo
  2. @Too Tall - 2017 M140i
  3. @Vita - Focus ST
  4. @Hyburnate - Hyundai i30N
Are your cars standard or modified in any way?
Would be good to have some standard cars to gauge the dyno numbers and how much of a heartbreaker it is.

Mine (and others) are modified and maybe some (like mine) with no other reference of what to expect if not dyno'd on the same dyno in the past, when standard.

Soldato
@Micloi

Far from standard, just going to wait for the turbo to let go so I can go hybrid. Concentrating on suspension in the new year.I want to see the numbers on an independent Dyno then see the numbers on the tuning company I used. The issue with these focus st's is they all have similar/same mods but numbers can be so far apart.

I feel my car is spot on. I have a set of figures in mind. Itll be interesting to see what it does.

Last edited:
Soldato
  1. @Meaker - Veloster Turbo
  2. @Too Tall - 2017 M140i
  3. @Vita - Focus ST
  4. @Hyburnate - Hyundai i30N
Are your cars standard or modified in any way?
Would be good to have some standard cars to gauge the dyno numbers and how much of a heartbreaker it is.

Mine (and others) are modified and maybe some (like mine) with no other reference of what to expect if not dyno'd on the same dyno in the past, when standard.

Mine is completely standard, so I'm interested to see the figures.

Back
Top Bottom