OCUK RR 3 - The Thread that will actually get sorted !

SkodaMan said:
Won't it only take about 15 mins to get from there to the Little Chef? You'll be there from 6.30 if you're not careful! :D

I reckon it takes probably less than 10 minutes to get onto the M6 when the roads are quiet, even doing sensible speeds. Then on the M6 for less than 10 mins up to J16...so I'm probably best leaving the house from Meir at 0630.

Righteo for those guys that dont exactly know where they are going in the morning:-

Come off the M5 at Junction 9 (Tewkesbury), turn towards ashchurch (left if you are southbound, right if northbound). Go 2 mins down the road (2nd set of lights) turn left & go straight over a roundabout which leads over a bridge & PS is a big old building to the right as u go over the bridge :)

Im sure gareth will be along shortly to give much better directions that I, but we just had a little trip out there and found a decent route to the pub and found that PS actually has a fair few parking spaces (well... more than we thought)

Go to http://www.powerstation.org.uk/map.asp for a couple of helpful handy maps :)

ps. I win :D

riteo...

me and Stoom just did the trip to powerstation...

ONLY PARK INSIDE THE POWERSTATION COMPLEX IF YOU ARE GOING TO RUN YOUR CAR

all those who are not going to run (read spectators) please park your car outside the fenceline (you'll understand when you get there)

to get there...

If heading northbound on the M5 get off at junction 9, taking the 3rd exit of the roundabout (turning effectively right)

If heading southbound on the M5 get off at junction 9 also, but take the first exit on the roundabout (read turn left !)

follow this road past the first set of lights, and then past the BP garage on the right,

after this garage you will see signs saying ASHCHURCH with a speedlimit underneath (believe this to be 30mph) and about 40 yards after a set of lights, turn left at these lights.

go over the mini roundabout and up over the bridge (traffic light controlled also)

when over the bridge you will come to another roundabout, take the 3rd exit (read turn right) and powerstation is on your right !!

The route to the pub after has been decided, and I am doing instructions for a handout as we speak

[TW]Fox said:
Does the pub know as many as 50 people could be descending upon them?

nope, as each time we have been i have asked if I can book or something and get told the same each time 'just arrive and we will cope'

May still be coming...
Train from Exeter St Davids -> Bristol Temple Meads
Picked up by Tesla
End up at Michelwood...
That's if parents agree (so I can go) (need to be at train station for 6:14 depart:o)

nicRob said:
May still be coming...
Train from Exeter St Davids -> Bristol Temple Meads
Picked up by Tesla
End up at Michelwood...
That's if parents agree (so I can go) (need to be at train station for 6:14 depart:o)

Tesla is leaving early I think to go to some party but I'm probably going back that way.

No way I'm going to be able to make this, sorry guys. I'm putting live a new website tonight/tomorrow and I'm going to be absolutely inundated with teething troubles for the next couple of days.

I'll be there with bells on next time round.

If my dropping out causes a problem with numbers, my previous offer still stands.

thebrasso said:
I reckon it takes probably less than 10 minutes to get onto the M6 when the roads are quiet, even doing sensible speeds. Then on the M6 for less than 10 mins up to J16...so I'm probably best leaving the house from Meir at 0630.

But I aint there till 7:20am :p

[TW]Fox said:
Tesla is leaving early I think to go to some party but I'm probably going back that way.
Yes, I will need to leave around 2. It's a close friends BBQ and also a last chance to see a few mates before they go off to university so quite important for me to go and not a means of escaping from you horrible lot.

Conanius said:
nope, as each time we have been i have asked if I can book or something and get told the same each time 'just arrive and we will cope'
Well I'm sure that on both previous visits I've ended up with someone else's grub so this time I'm going to order the cheapest stuff on the menu and then enjoy someone else's steak :D

I really wanted to meguiars the entire car, only managed to do one tail panel though before work this morning. Much to dark at 9:30 this evening after I got home from work.

Anyway, this tail panel had something nasty stuck all over it. Made it look like the paint was matt. So t-cut, clay bar, buckets of elbow grease and some gold class later it looks the mutts!

would have liked to of done the entire thing though. Anyway, catch you guys tomorrow. Looking forward to putting names to faces, wonder if anybody is how i expect them to be?

Back
Top Bottom