OCUK RR 3 - The Thread that will actually get sorted !

A few pics for those who couldn't make it.

A big V8 will always give you a grin, even going backwards! -
grin.jpg

The crowd listening to said V8 overloading the rollers -
listening.jpg

A helping hand -
help.jpg

Someone here's new toy?
newtoy.jpg

Oh, and Vectras are much better than Mondys on rolling roads!

T'was a great day, and many cool points to Conanius for organising it all!

See you again, folks.

Alan Woodford

reasonably proud owner of a 160BHP oilburner

Great day, days like this really remind you how many thoroughly decent blokes we've got posting here :)

Dunno what happened to Dangerous and Skodaman though, they left quite a while before we left PS to go the pub :confused:

As for this Caravan thing, basically, on the way to the pub we drove along the M5 Southbound pretty much just as a huge accident involving a caravan which flipped the towing Landrover over unfolded - the first lot drove past just as it happened, and we went past about 30 seconds later as people were getting out of cars. No police in attendance so Conanius phoned them, but there were plenty of people on the other side of the Motorway and as we were passing on the opposite carriageway there wasn't anything we could do to help.

A girl sat on the hard shoulder looked hurt, the car was clearly packed to the brim too, they were on or coming back from holiday, kids on board. :(

Gojira said:
A few pics for those who couldn't make it.

A big V8 will always give you a grin, even going backwards! -

The crowd listening to said V8 overloading the rollers -

A helping hand -
help.jpg

Someone here's new toy?

Cheers mate ;) very flattering pic of me!
I was quite happily pushit the car, when I looked up and quite a large Steel post was looming up on me!!!

merlin said:
A girl sat on the hard shoulder looked hurt, the car was clearly packed to the brim too with, they were on or coming back from holiday, kids on board. :(

quite,

main reason I just called 999 instantly is that i felt that the total confusion on the other side of the carridgeway could have meant people just forgot to do it, saw some guy being helped across the carridgeway somewhat keeled over... looked properly nasty :(

incidently, i didnt realise that if you ask for fire, ambulance and police you have to go through 3 operators ! :eek:

Great day guys got back about 10 mins ago, nice to meet some more members, i've got some vids which i shall post in the other thread :)

Was a nasty crash indeed, what really got me is some ppl (4x4 of some sort) just drove straight threw the accident scene! I drove past in the same group as Fox so didn't see it happen but did see people getting out of the overturned 4x4.

Mark

Nozzer said:
Whose is the GT3 in the car park?

one of the guys at powerstation, had a little chat to him about it, when I asked if it was modded for more umpf he replied with something like 'you dont modify a porsche to get more performance, you do it to make it unique....

from that id take it to be a stock GT3 :)

Conanius said:
one of the guys at powerstation, had a little chat to him about it, when I asked if it was modded for more umpf he replied with something like 'you dont modify a porsche to get more performance, you do it to make it unique....

from that id take it to be a stock GT3 :)
Fair enough.

Was a great day out!
Big thanks to Conanius for organising it, but also to Tesla who made it possible for me (taking me from Bristol Temple Meads station to the meet (and to pub etc)
Also thanks to Fox for taking me back to Exeter on his way back :)
Have a load of pics, many will be bad though, but will upload good ones tonight sometime :)

Nozzer said:
Whose is the GT3 in the car park?

its Kurtis's the suspension guru at Powerstation, he's changing it to a Scooby Spec C though for some change ;)

ScoobyDoo69

PS cheers to Trickle for making me realise that because i pulled up in my scooby people thought i worked there and didnt say anything :confused: lol

FakeSnake said:
I was quite happily pushit the car, when I looked up and quite a large Steel post was looming up on me!!!

I... sorry... you guys nearly reversed into it lol. I Nearly steered into it. Oops

ScoobyDoo69 said:
PS cheers to Trickle for making me realise that because i pulled up in my scooby people thought i worked there and didnt say anything :confused: lol

We all recognised you immediatly from your car but you didnt come over and say hi and you didnt come to the pub :confused:

[TW]Fox said:
We all recognised you immediatly from your car but you didnt come over and say hi and you didnt come to the pub :confused:

i came over to some people, didnt get a response so did my own thing lol.
didnt bother with coming to the pub because hadnt really spoke to anyone, never mind eh :D

Back
Top Bottom