OCUK RR 3 - The Thread that will actually get sorted !

Soldato
OP
in line with some people saying about track days it might be something worth looking into, but if im honest i dont think we should have our own so to speak, more go to a pre organised one as a group...

Caporegime
Conanius said:
in line with some people saying about track days it might be something worth looking into, but if im honest i dont think we should have our own so to speak, more go to a pre organised one as a group...

That was me with my airfield idea, but then you sugguested it would be a pain and just go to a track day instead, think the key to sort out all the (Yea i'm comming but not showing up ppl) would be to take deposits or the full amount off them in advance.

Soldato
OP
Dangerous said:
Ive tried to sort out a track day before I got all the "maybers"

aye,

but saying that mate, i had over 20 people definately turning up to run for yesterday, and nearly 20 speccies, we barely had 20 people in total turn up........

Man of Honour
maybe if we did some more RR days or just car pub meets or something. Get to a point where most people now everyone. Less will will drop out?

+ can't do a track day till cars on the road :(

Man of Honour
AcidHell2 said:
maybe if we did some more RR days or just car pub meets or something. Get to a point where most people now everyone. Less will will drop out?

+ can't do a track day till cars on the road :(

why can't you take the fiat ;)

we do seem to be getting a better core of people who turn up now... as we discussed over lunch maybe an open pit day would be the best bet track wise :)

Man of Honour
Siliconslave said:
why can't you take the fiat ;)

we do seem to be getting a better core of people who turn up now... as we discussed over lunch maybe an open pit day would be the best bet track wise :)

I dont mind taking it to RR and pubs and stuff, but I ain't spending 150+ for a track day in it, might spectate though..

I would off run it yesterday, if it wasn't for the gear cable cost.. LOL...

Man of Honour
Conanius said:
we barely had 20 people in total turn up........

Errr, and the rest. There was at least 25 cars turned up at the pub and that doesn't count the people who went home early or didnt make it to the pub. I reckon we had at least 30 cars and some had 2 people.

Associate
Siliconslave said:
I've signed up to an airfield separate session track day as all the sx owners club people only ever go on open sessions. Fair enough they are better and when you are shelling that money out you want free reign, but I dont really want to do my first track day on one - especially at more technical tracks like Bruntingthorpe etc.

Elvington 1st October if anyone up north is interested.
http://www.bookatrack.com/-pB?583

Soldato
I enjoyed the RR despite turning up late. I probably should have made more of an effort to speak to a few more people as I've never met any of you before but I had a few mates with me and before I knew it you'd all set off for the pub. I wanted to tell Conanius that I wouldn't be coming to the pub as I went to Cheltenham to watch the England game. I was annoyed with myself for missing probably half the cars running, I'm only a 25 minute drive away and still ended up arriving at 10.30 :D Still, I saw some great cars and enjoyed it. Thanks Conanius for organising it...

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Errr, and the rest. There was at least 25 cars turned up at the pub and that doesn't count the people who went home early or didnt make it to the pub. I reckon we had at least 30 cars and some had 2 people.
How many tables did we have in the pub? 3? 4?

3 I think.

There were 8 people on our table and I think 8 on the other 2 so that is 24 at the pub.

I think around 30 people turned up to the RR.

Doesn't really matter how many people turned up anyway, all I know is that it was a great day. Nice weather, cars and people.

Caporegime
Castle combe summer action day next saturday, £30 for a track session and £10 to get in.

Cheaper if you booked in advance though. I'll be there, hopefully run in too ;)

Back
Top Bottom