• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4070 review thread

Soldato
Founders Edition
Group test
Youtube reviews
Hardware Unboxed

Gamersnexus

Techtesters

Digital Foundry

LTT

Paul's Hardware

Tech YES City

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
AIB models
Asus
MSI
Gainward
PNY

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Underwhelmed is an understatement.

Gamersnexus compared the RTX4070TI to the RX6900XT/RX6950XT:

At 4K,it again seems to fall behind. It seems to only catch up at lower resolutions. Even DF is saying the same. TPU also show the same:

This is more of a 1080p and qHD dGPU. The RTX3080 was considered more of a 4K dGPU when it was released.

Something I noticed in the other thread.

Caporegime
Already people are starting to spin,it consumes so little power! :p

Even DF were underwhelmed.

Can't see anybody trying to spin it as all of the reviewers seemed underwhelmed?

They pointed out the power consumption as that's one of the only redeeming qualities of the card, nobody is saying it should be bought on that basis.

It's not like they are going to review the card without power measurements :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Zero surprises there, the leaks were bang on by the sounds of it. An interesting thing is that bang for buck is similar to 7900 XT according to Techpowerup graphs although technically I guess you could have worked that out before the review (I just didn't!)

Also interesting that it's on 5nm rather than 4nm like the 4090 - no wonder the it seems badly positioned by comparison, it's like a refresh behind.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Already people are starting to spin,it consumes so little power! :p

Even DF were underwhelmed.

Isn't it funny how power consumption just didn't matter a few weeks ago, but now that the only thing this new nvidia GPU has going for it is that suddenly power consumption is really important again.....

These tech jurnalists are so ##### transparently a marketing arm for Nvidia.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Isn't it funny how power consumption just didn't matter a few weeks ago, but now that the only thing this new nvidia GPU has going for it is that suddenly power consumption is really important again.....

These tech jurnalists are so ##### transparently a marketing arm for Nvidia.

I didn't get that impression from any of the reviews so far. They measure power consumption in every review they do, the fact this card doesn't consume much isn't them saying it's so important you should buy one.

You seem a bit rattled that they simply pointed out something they always cover?

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's almost impressive how underwhelming it is. I expected it to be slower than a 3080 at 4K, but the fact it's often slower at 1440p too is comical. The more you gimp, the more you save!
But but but.... the 3080 only has 10GB of VRam and its £150 more expensive.

See..... its all good.

Genius...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom