• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4070 review thread

Associate
Got the 'Zotac GeForce RTX 4070 Twin Edge OC 12GB' delivered today £589,
This card is great for my ITX/MATX Montech sky one case, length is one of the smallest of the 4070s coming in at 225.5 mm or 25.5cm,
The back plate is metal, Idle 30/33c, Heaven benchmark 4.0 66/68c, Its a 2 slot card with 4 heat pipes,
Very impressed on the power consumption around 180w under load & will save me money on the energy bill coming from 250w + on my old 6800 card
& with 34% better performance & the price cost less than what I paid for the AMD Radeon 6800 at launch £599 Order Date: 19.11.2020
But still be nice to the 4070s come down to around £499.
Card as fan stop on idle & low spin under load, can adjust in firestorm software from AUTO to Manual fan curve & set the RGB ZOTAC LOGO.
Also comes with 5 years warranty.

x2TaLRI.jpg

jDdfw5M.jpg

5AlUPZI.png
URjrROO.png

VB0NRm7.png
hGdOpY5.png
tzfpMoY.png
ol8aLsu.png

IZbeybK.png

Last edited:
Associate
Bit nuts not to get a white card with that setup @Darren_uk don't ya think? All that white gear carefully crafted and the Zotac sticks out like a sore thumb!! But if you're happy then that's what counts :)
Zotac have no white version of this, well at the moment anyhow, I was going to go for the Inno3D GeForce RTX 4070 Twin X2 OC White

The price put me off & also see no fan stop idle & controls to change the fans speed & start up​

Zotac 4070 range so far

sore_thumb-808.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
This card is great for my ITX/MATX Montech sky one case, length is one of the smallest of the 4070s coming in at 225.5 mm or 25.5cm,
The back plate is metal, Idle 30/33c, Heaven benchmark 4.0 66/68c, Its a 2 slot card with 4 heat pipes,
Very impressed on the power consumption around 180w under load & will save me money on the energy bill coming from 250w + on my old 6800 card
& with 34% better performance & the price cost less than what I paid for the AMD Radeon 6800 at launch £599 Order Date: 19.11.2020
Card as fan stop on idle & low spin under load, can adjust in firestorm software from AUTO to Manual fan curve & set the RGB ZOTAC LOGO.
Also comes with 5 years warranty.

Can I ask if you get any coil whine on the Zotac?

Thanks.

Caporegime
It would have almost zero impact, since Ebay prices are in a world of their own. 3080s and 3080 Tis are still going for £500-700 on there, and that's looking at sold ones since the 4070 came out, not fanciful BIN listings. A 3080 FE sold for £635 earlier. The most recent sale was a 3080 with a busted DisplayPort, and even that fetched £493.

Most people who use that site seem to be either certifiable or thick. Or a scammer of course.

The used market is nuts, one large high-street pawnbroker cain is selling used RX 6800XT's for £500 to £600, the same price you can find them here, brand new.

Whats more they list how much they buy them for, a £550 RX 6800XT they pay £300 for it, a nice £250 profit.

Last edited:
Soldato
The used market is nuts, one large high-street pawnbroker cain is selling used RX 6800XT's for £500 to £600, the same price you can find them here, brand new.

Whats more they list how much they buy them for, a £550 RX 6800XT they pay £300 for it, a nice £250 profit.

Yes scammers-R-us as I call them... Over the Covid period they got even worse and really scammed a lot of people from the shortage of consoles to gpus... Even the people that thought they were scamming them with the inflated prices they were buying at were scammed because they sold them all later for a lot more... So all the people that thought they won the lottery getting an FE and selling it to them were basically still being ripped off..

Anyways the only time I sell anything to them is when I can't be bothered to post things out or advertise them elsewhere or here and normally stuff I know most here are not interested in or delicate items like monitors and even then it's a pretty old monitor at that point and not worth the risk of posting unless the buyer understands the risks and arranges their own delivery.

Even when I sell anything to them I don't normally ask for cash price as they are silly and take the trade price and grab a few things like blurays or console games I don't have. I don't really buy anything else from them as I had a few bad electronic things from them or turn out to be fakes (memory storage cards as a good example they conned me on once).. So I avoid the electronics and play safe with software and movies.

Last edited:
Associate
I am, thanks for clarifying!!! I'd prob go for the Windforce OC then.

edit - 216W PL vs the 220W of the FE, not too bad.
Just a heads up the power limit slider on the Gigabyte doesn't work (will go to 108% but does nothing), you can slide it but will still hit PWR performance cap at 200w regardless and won't go over not matter what I try. I'm not sure if this is Bios issue or afterburner issue, but it doesn't work, shame because the card has loads more to give with a UV/OC but by the time you start using 1.05v you hit the limit and can't go no further. Ive emailed gigabyte to find out what is the issue.

I prob would have bought the Asus Dual had I known and had bigger quieter fans since the triple isn't needed now.

Saying that got some very nice UV results with this card that out perform stock at lower temp/pwr, quite impressed by it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just a heads up the power limit slider on the Gigabyte doesn't work (will go to 108% but does nothing), you can slide it but will still hit PWR performance cap at 200w regardless and won't go over not matter what I try. I'm not sure if this is Bios issue or afterburner issue, but it doesn't work, shame because the card has loads more to give with a UV/OC but by the time you start using 1.05v you hit the limit and can't go no further. Ive emailed gigabyte to find out what is the issue.

I prob would have bought the Asus Dual had I known and had bigger quieter fans since the triple isn't needed now.
Damn, hopefully it's just a s/w issue.

Caporegime

Saying that got some very nice UV results with this card that out perform stock at lower temp/pwr, quite impressed by it.

Does the Asus dual definitely have a higher power limit?

Associate
Does the Asus dual definitely have a higher power limit?
I know it appears in afterburner but don't know if it works (its +8% again). I THINK these two are the only 8pin cards that have extra PL, all the others ive seen don't have it. Just need that little bit of extra power as they got the headroom, mine will bounce off 3000mhz with +210 OC but I want to do a UV/OC around that speed but its not possible with only 200w.

The Kitguru review notes that the gigabyte doesnt pull over 200w even with slider open and overclocked but he makes it sound like its a feature but clearly its not working properly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't really use that as a valid reason, hear me out, but everyone knows the 67xx/68xx/69xx series loves an undervolt. Here is my 6900XT which needs 3x PSU cables and ASRock recommends a 1kW PSU. Tom's hardware noted it used over 350w. This is mine with an undervolt.

Wattage.jpg

Just saying you could have achieved this with your 6800 if you wanted. So I have a 6900XT using 20w more juice which actually makes it the same as the founders edition 4070 according to GN review. Tis' all. Enjoy the new card. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
how long to "save" the £589 cost of the card when using 70w less per gaming hour? :D

At current UK price cap (£0.34 per Kwh) 70W is going to cost approx 2.3p per hour.

Doesn't sound a lot, but if you game (or push the GPU hard for other purposes) for around 42 hours in a week, that's £1 a week. So it does add up, albeit slowly.

Soldato
OP
Did someone actually a ditch an RX6800 16GB for just 12% to 16% extra performance and 4GB less of VRAM:

Also just to save 34W to 39W of power:

A slight undervolt would have gotten it to similar power.

The PC dGPU market is doomed! :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
At current UK price cap (£0.34 per Kwh) 70W is going to cost approx 2.3p per hour.

Doesn't sound a lot, but if you game (or push the GPU hard for other purposes) for around 42 hours in a week, that's £1 a week. So it does add up, albeit slowly.
nice roi :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
so 10 years+ roi at current rates, great save :D

Its worse as the difference is more like 30W~40W comparing reference models. So even if the model is not reference,it most likely was overvolted a bit.Hence a slight undervolt and drop back to reference clocks would have split the difference.

Edit!!

Now, the RX 6800 is much more efficient when it comes to undervolting. The voltages could be lowered from 1.025 to 0.9 V, and this also allowed for a small fps boost across the board, yet the TGP could be lowered by 45 W down to around 183 W.

The RX6800 was the most efficient dGPU of the last generation.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't really use that as a valid reason, hear me out, but everyone knows the 67xx/68xx/69xx series loves an undervolt. Here is my 6900XT which needs 3x PSU cables and ASRock recommends a 1kW PSU. Tom's hardware noted it used over 350w. This is mine with an undervolt.

Wattage.jpg

Just saying you could have achieved this with your 6800 if you wanted. So I have a 6900XT using 20w more juice which actually makes it the same as the founders edition 4070 according to GN review. Tis' all. Enjoy the new card. :)
An extra 20w seems a fair trade for 4GB more VRAM. Do you get same performance as stock the these settings?

Back
Top Bottom