• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4070 review thread

Cracking cards!!!
Absolutely, but people with that ~£650 upgrade path will often not have a PSU or case suited to house a 6950 XT. Adding a new PSU (and perhaps a case) on top of the price makes this only a good alternative for people with a strong enough PSU. Most of the 1070 and 1080 folks will only have 500-600W PSUs.

Last edited:
Which in that case a (smaller type) 4070 is probably the smarter buy.
I agree, but it's still a cripple of a card for £600. It makes a 7900 XT look good because the 7900 XT (albeit £200 more expensive) will probably allow you to wait out upgrading for 1-2 extra generations compared to the 4070.

I will wait to see what the 7800 XT will look like and enjoy my Steam Deck and all consoles in the meanwhile.

TBH I had not seen it pulling 180 watts at 3080 performance, that is less than my 3060ti, that and the extra vram pushed me over the edge.
It's 40% faster for 60% more money. It's literally a rebadged RTX3060 replacement so why it draws less power. We should be expecting that improvement each generation from direct replacements. I showed you the numbers. The RTX3060TI was that improvement over the RTX2060 Super with better efficiency too.
So don't ever complain again about the market - your FOMO has proven the Nvidia/AMD price fixing works just like Apple doing it to their own fanbase, who complained but still bought it.

Even if my 3060ti went kaput today, I would rather use the ancient GTX960 4GB in the cupboard then pay £600 for this card. Because if this game works I hate to think what the next generation will cost.

Last edited:
amazing 4070 prices..makes you wanna buy more than 1.

Shame SLI is dead... ohh wait nvidia removed the Nvlink and SLI fingers then silently killed it off during new cards that had the connectors.. Again another bait and switch for people that purchased 2 3090s/ti's ... The company is hell bent on destroying itself it seems and the pc gaming market.

Back
Top Bottom