• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4070 review thread

Associate
Apparently it was perfectly priced according to some experts here! :cry:
Ya that's a rare Sight to see:cry:

Them 3 deals 3%/5% off not been added to the GPU deals

Indeed they need to come down to around £499/450.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ya that's a rare Sight to see:cry:

Them 3 deals 3%/5% off not been added to the GPU deals

Indeed they need to come down to around £499/450.

Some funny old deals on there.

£599 for a 3070ti....hm.

£899 for 6900xt....hm.

Last edited:
Associate
In case anyone's interested, I ordered an Asus Dual to replace the MSI Ventus I sent back due to coil whine. I know it's luck of the draw but the Asus has much less coil whine, the card is still quiet even using the performance bios and having a metal rather than plastic backplate is nice.

Associate
In case anyone's interested, I ordered an Asus Dual to replace the MSI Ventus I sent back due to coil whine. I know it's luck of the draw but the Asus has much less coil whine, the card is still quiet even using the performance bios and having a metal rather than plastic backplate is nice.
What sort of total board power draw can you get at 108% PL on the Asus running port royal (if you have 3Dmark installed)

Cheers

Associate
What sort of total board power draw can you get at 108% PL on the Asus running port royal (if you have 3Dmark installed)

Cheers
I don't really know if I'm doing it right or monitoring it right but after setting the limit to 108% in GPU tweak and hitting apply I was still only seeing 200w in GPU-Z/HWMonitor. Honestly it's probably user error, because TPU say 216w:

Associate
I don't really know if I'm doing it right or monitoring it right but after setting the limit to 108% in GPU tweak and hitting apply I was still only seeing 200w in GPU-Z/HWMonitor. Honestly it's probably user error, because TPU say 216w:

Sounds about right, same as what mine is doing, I think I just don't understand it correctly, I was expecting to max out the PL but I can't, I think its normal behavior now. Thanks for testing.

Associate
Ended up ordering the FE.

The only decent msrp aib is the Asus dual, and the FE beats in benches and in my opinion build quality.

Hope I made the right choice!

Associate
The promo Game bundle for Diablo IV should been active on day 1 of the 4070,
No way will I pay £60 now for the game when its free with 4070. I lost out on the price drop of my card & £60 = £80.

If I want DiAblo IV, on its own £60 that make the 4070 I got almost £700
whats the point? can i also get the £20 back and a free diablo for the 4090 i bought? game bundles and price drops happen randomly

Soldato
The promo Game bundle for Diablo IV should been active on day 1 of the 4070,
No way will I pay £60 now for the game when its free with 4070. I lost out on the price drop of my card & £60 = £80.

If I want DiAblo IV, on its own £60 that make the 4070 I got almost £700

Everyone knew the 4070 was a bad move, but you had to go and buy one.... :p

Back
Top Bottom