• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4080 16GB review thread

id say its the case for the vast majority of people, especially when Radeon still seem to have the 'Driver issues' myth looming over them.

Radeon came in with the perfect RX470/480 for mid range gaming, and im guessing the 1060 outsold it by a lot.

Hence why they need to do something about it over a few gens to get market share back like they did against Intel. They really should get new marketing guys in for starters which is the easiest of the tasks. Those presentations each year are so poor :cry:

So does this mean if the $899 4080 12GB lands as the 4070Ti it will probably be £1k at launch? Bloody ridiculous.

4080 12gb was set to be £949 in the Uk if i recall and the 4070 Ti will be a bit cheaper than that i read so I would guess the FE will be £899 and the aftermarket ones in shops will be £1K ++

4080 12gb was set to be £949 in the Uk if i recall and the 4070 Ti will be a bit cheaper than that i read so I would guess the FE will be £899 and the aftermarket ones in shops will be £1K ++
There won't be a 4070 Ti FE - nvidia's left it to the AIBs. So just the £1K++ cards I'm afraid :(

There won't be a 4070 Ti FE - nvidia's left it to the AIBs. So just the £1K++ cards I'm afraid :(

ok i see. 4070 Ti starting at about £999 in shops i predict then

maybe the 4070 at £799-£849 and 4060 Ti at £649-£700 and the 4060 £499

I am only guessing of course

Last edited:
I don't understand how that can be legal, the warranty is on the product, not the person!
Source Nvidia OFFICIAL SITE: LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTY
This warranty applies only to the original purchasers of the Warranted Products from an NVIDIA-authorized third party or www.nvidia.com ; this warranty will not extend to any person that acquires a Warranted Product on a used basis.

So, buying any product used, even if new unopened. This is NVidia UK

Last edited:
I don't understand how that can be legal, the warranty is on the product, not the person!

My understanding is that the contract is with the original purchaser, if they accept a third party then they're taking on more risk/liability, but in the UK it is between you and the retailer anyway, so they can deny it just because you like bunnies

Hence why they need to do something about it over a few gens to get market share back like they did against Intel. They really should get new marketing guys in for starters which is the easiest of the tasks. Those presentations each year are so poor :cry:
Yep, I agree.

They definitely need more leather jackets and spatulas :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom