• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5700 and RX5700XT review thread

Soldato
AMD driver guy needs a buddy then, as poor drivers for release is certain to put people off as its the numbers that count on reviews, and reviews stay online from release day to read.

I dont work for them but wanted more from navi than it delivers.

Like what? Tell Nvidia not to screw the **** out of the consumer then and create this situation. If you play BF:V, the £330 RX5700 is matching the £600 RTX 2080. As for drivers, have you used Nvidia`s ones in the last 2 years? They have released about 300 to fix problems they make.Frequently.

Caporegime
Which is a 1 day sale, and at a loss

Lol, you don't believe that do you? They arent selling them at a loss.

:D

It wasn't just Black Friday anyway. They were that price, sometimes less through December as well and have been obtainable for low £400 for quite some time now.

My point is, that it really doesn't give us anything new or anything we haven't been able to buy for a similar price for a while now.

Soldato
The lower end 5700 destroys Vega 64 and the 2060. In some cases matches the 2060S.

I agree, it makes both of them obsolete based on these early reviews and considering the usual performance gains AMD cards received after launch. However, it's more difficult to make a reasonable case against not spending the extra on an RTX 2060 Super, which is a better rounded card overall.

To me, at the current market prices, it's either Vega 56 or RTX 2600S/2700, as the RX5700s fit in a weird spot performance/cost wise.

Associate
Vega is a lot better with a simple under volt, hopefully the same will apply. If not, then, custom cards will be the only option unless you are water cooling. Also, there doesn't seem to be much overclocking headroom.

The 2070 Super is definitely the way to go.

Apparently overclocking was broken in the review drivers so hopefully that will be sorted out quickly before the AIB cards show up.

I wouldn't rate it based on reference design overclocking after looking at the thermals from that blower cooler :p

Soldato
Am going to wait for the AIB cards before making the change. But so far I happy with the performance upgrade over the Vega 64 GPU. Add in the new features and the fact i can see this Navi line up getting better over time. I recall this happening when GCN first released remember that big driver?

The same will happen here! Worth noting all these games tested so far are not even with Navi in mind.

That is my verdict on this. Priced well enough for me and gets a decent enough performance boost over vega 64.

Soldato
This post is sort of ironic, because that's exactly the way you are coming across in this thread about AMD.

The entire part of , that im actually glad AMD have a product which has shown incredibly clearly, just how much Nvidia have screwed the consumer? That part? That i want better pricing and not the horrific prices we have now? If that means im an AMD `fan` , then **** yes i am.

Soldato
I agree, it makes both of them obsolete based on these early reviews and considering the usual performance gains AMD cards received after launch. However, it's more difficult to make a reasonable case against not spending the extra on an RTX 2060 Super, which is a better rounded card overall.

To me, at the current market prices, it's either Vega 56 or RTX 2600S/2700, as the RX5700s fit in a weird spot performance/cost wise.

The 2060S is convincingly beaten by the 5700XT at the same price.

At that price point, unless you want ray tracing it is, $349 for 5700 and $399 for 5700XT. Then a jump to $499 for the 2070S.

Soldato
Lol, you don't believe that do you? They arent selling them at a loss.

:D

It wasn't just Black Friday anyway. They were that price, sometimes less through December as well and have been obtainable for low £400 for quite some time now.

My point is, that it really doesn't give us anything new or anything we haven't been able to buy for a similar price for a while now.

LOL , still more expensive than the RX 5700XT, for sale right now. £50 is not a similar price.

Associate
Like what? Tell Nvidia not to screw the **** out of the consumer then and create this situation. If you play BF:V, the £330 RX5700 is matching the £600 RTX 2080. As for drivers, have you used Nvidia`s ones in teh last 2 years? They ahve releaed about 300 to fix problems they make.Frequently.

I have used Nvidia drivers, my card don't run without them, never had an issue myself. I have no allegiance to any brand, but I am entitled to say that the Navi performance isn't that good, and if its driver related which I doubt apart from overclocking, its AMD suicide to release poor drivers knowing they will be used in all reviews.
so get down off your high horse and take a chill pill. Navi is mid range end of story!

Caporegime
LOL , still more expensive than the RX 5700XT, for sale right now. £50 is not a similar price.

This place was selling a custome fan 2070 for £409 literally a couple of days ago. You would be insane to buy a 2070 that isnt on some sort of offer.

The cheapest 5700xt it has is £379 for a blower cooler.

I'm sorry, but there is no way of painting this release as anything other than dull (unless for some reason you must have an AMD card).

At most you might say AMD have made this tier of card ~ 10% cheaper but they are 10 months late to the party.

Soldato
The entire part of , that im actually glad AMD have a product which has shown incredibly clearly, just how much Nvidia have screwed the consumer? That part? That i want better pricing and not the horrific prices we have now? If that means im an AMD `fan` , then **** yes i am.

The prices are still horrific. How has this release changed that? The AIB cards are going to cost more than the crappy cooling versions that are out now.

And, comparing the cooling solutions of the reference Nvidia cards and AMD reference cards, the Nvidia solution wins easily. It's just a better solution, quieter and cooler.

Soldato
I have used Nvidia drivers, my card don't run without them, never had an issue myself. I have no allegiance to any brand, but I am entitled to say that the Navi performance isn't that good, and if its driver related which I doubt apart from overclocking, its AMD suicide to release poor drivers knowing they will be used in all reviews.
so get down off your high horse and take a chill pill. Navi is mid range end of story!

Oh bless you, are you paid for attacking AMD the way you do in a performance bonus by your employer then. Navi isn`t that good? Beats a £600 RTX 2080 in BF:V but apparently that isnt good. Time to quite the internet and get some fresh air, son.

Soldato
The prices are still horrific. How has this release changed that? The AIB cards are going to cost more than the crappy cooling versions that are out now.

And, comparing the cooling solutions of the reference Nvidia cards and AMD reference cards, the Nvidia solution wins easily. It's just a better solution, quieter and cooler.

RTX 2070 on launch was £500+ for the available FE cards, these are more than £100 cheaper, so in that regard it has changed it. That and NV are in panic mode , by dumping 6 month old product (with on hand inventory as well ) and replacing it with binned product for less money. Job done by AMD then.

Soldato
This place was selling a custome fan 2070 for £409 literally a couple of days ago. You would be insane to buy a 2070 that isnt on some sort of offer.

The cheapest 5700xt it has is £379 for a blower cooler.

I'm sorry, but there is no way of painting this release as anything other than dull (unless for some reason you must have an AMD card).

At most you might say AMD have made this tier of card ~ 10% cheaper but they are 10 months late to the party.

Loss leaders, as Nv knew what was coming so clear the channel with old (well 6 moth old ) product for the new parts coming in. Next you`ll see deep discounts on RTX 2080, down to the replacement cards price point when they arrive. Nv are doing what Intel should have done and discount to match.

time wise its 5>8 months not 10. Launch date for the for the 2070 was October 17th 2018 and for the 2060 was Jan 15th 2019. Nvidia are End of Lining a 5 month of product stack, and reducing cost massively for the replacement. That is a damn good thing.

Back
Top Bottom