• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5800X3D review thread

Caporegime
I was amazed, it's not even subtle. Seems to have really gone to the dogs and it was terrible before.

They started to get really aggressive when they got called out for their Intel bias, its amazing really, we all know there are some really toxic brand shills, on both sides... its very interesting to see such a blatant and angry Intel shill running a large mainstream site like that, In later years PCPer under Ryan Shrout's leadership was very similar to this, he now literally works in Intel's marketing arm.

Caporegime
Gen 12 improvemenst are in 3.17

@humbug I didn't understand the full context of your reply

@Troezar you might not need a crazy card as long as its lastest gen or recent with 8gb vram minimum

There are more bits of Gen 12 in 3.17 and there are performance improvements, i was getting 100 FPS on the HUR L1 Space Station, but its not the full Gen 12, its why it still says DX11 in the OSD in 3.17, full Gen 12 is 3.18 or 3.19, and then Vulkan after that.

@humbug I didn't understand the full context of your reply,
never mind, just pointing out the horrible performance i had to deal with at New Babbage.

Associate
In these games where x3d is making the game run 70% faster there is like 0.0% chance Zen4 can match it IF Zen4 does not also have x3d cache
you can't IPC or clock speed yourself 70% more performance in a single generation it just doesn't happen
70% looks impressive, but it was from a low start.
Zen4 will double L2 cache and equip high bandwidth DDR5, so improve same areas that benefit from large L3.
A fair chance that in some titles/resolutions 5800X3D will remain top. But not in all like it is now

Associate
@humbug I did say improvements not full implementation.
As for cities they were always a pain in the arse but now its way better.
I'm Loving 99% gpu load @ 40-50watts gaming load. great for long sessions

I would like to see some lower cards performance just to see how much of a boost the cpu is give to the performance

Associate
Don't, its my birthday present and an effort to stop spending future money on hardware for this damn game and a few others lol! I love it!

Back
Top Bottom