• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX7800XT and RX7700XT review thread

Soldato
Well if it is, people may be interested to know that Starfield has worse graphics on AMD cards

Fewer details are rendered in the game's Skybox and lighting when the game is played on AMD GPUs

Nvidia must have paid Bethesda to do this. There's no other reasonable explanation. What a despicable company.

Soldato
Well if it is, people may be interested to know that Starfield has worse graphics on AMD cards
Lot of streamers with Nvidia have game crashes every 20 minutes or so.. i know which poison i would pick :D

Edit.. now you got me joining in with the off topic stuff.. screw you guys im out! :cry::p

Last edited:
Caporegime

Fewer details are rendered in the game's Skybox and lighting when the game is played on AMD GPUs

And the article itself describes it as a bug, probably on the to-do fix list at Bethesda.

I especially like the no head and floating eyeballs bug.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Am i in the Starfield Review thread? :cry:
Nvidia must have paid Bethesda to do this. There's no other reasonable explanation. What a despicable company.
They gimped it on AMD cards! Bethesda Game Studios are equal opportunity!

Also did the Reddit/Twitter/Forum boycott/review bombing work yet?

Lot of streamers with Nvidia have game crashes every 20 minutes or so.. i know which poison i would pick :D

Edit.. now you got me joining in with the off topic stuff.. screw you guys im out! :cry::p
I have an Nvidia card and only had two crashes after 30 hours. I think even those are because it is very hot.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd normally suggest ask one of the locals, but in this game all they do is give you weird looks! :D

citizen-in-starfield.jpg

I'll have a half ounce of whatever she's on LOL

Soldato
The RX7800XT reminds me of the HD6870! That was also not a massive upgrade over the HD5870 but had less shaders too.

Hahaha yea i had one of them but it barely cost £200 and the performance was decent for that price. Amd went from 5870 top single gpu to 6970 being top gpu with 6870 mid range. Does have a lot of similarities to the this gens releases. If only the mid range card was similar pricing to back then. The pound was also quite strong at the time.

Associate
I know tech jurnoes are still trying to push the "but you can get a 6800XT for the same money so you have to consider that" no you don't...

What a load of old ####! Lets just be sensible for a moment here and actually consider the 6800XT vs the 7800XT.

You are not buying this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39c-sp.html

Over this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...6-pci-express-graphics-car-gra-spr-00766.html

Unless you are a monumental idiot, and you're not, so all these tech jurneos still trying to find some angle to ram a "but" in there edgeways can shut the #### up.

if i were to buy a new gpu today i would go for the 7800 over the 6800, but only if i had an older gen card that wasnt 6800xt/3080 performance anyway. otherwise id just skip a gen.

i bought my 6800xt around march time for £600 nvidia didnt have anything comparable to offer at the time (either significantly less performance for same money or significantly more expensive for same performance) and AMD had absolutely no idea if or when they would release other 7000 series cards that weren't the 7900

Associate

mine seems to have random episodes of crashing every 10-15mins or not crashing at all. I do quick saves every so often cause of the crashes. Doesn't seem to be any reason for them either.

Associate
mine seems to have random episodes of crashing every 10-15mins or not crashing at all. I do quick saves every so often cause of the crashes. Doesn't seem to be any reason for them either.
This^

My F5 key is taking a pounding in this game. On a 1080Ti fwiw.

The 7800XT upgrade was looking tempting, but luckily for me the Nitro+ has sold out everywhere - and Gibbo's pricing is a bit too elevated for my wallet. Safe again until next gen. :D

Soldato
It’s par for the course and we should shop around. For example good luck finding a 7900 XT for £699 elsewhere.

Indeed. Swings and roundabouts and all that. I don't always buy from OCUK but when I do? it is because they are either the cheapest, or, I get free DPD. Their customer service for me at least has been stellar too. Sent an E note earlier, got a reply within 20 mins.

Back
Top Bottom