• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX7800XT and RX7700XT review thread

Soldato
This post has gone elsewhere as a classical piece of Internet spin gaslighting satire. Astounding in it's depiction of precious entitlement and rabid fanboyism. Well done Sir, Peter Cook would be proud.

Yeah whatever man.

I stopped talking to people who throw the word fanboy around and grats on the gaslighting as that’s a common insult being hurled around these days.

Enjoy your mods because your master cba.

Soldato
pretty much nailed on no founders price cuts, just the AIB's by the looks, usual few quid off due to currency fluctuations, but bout it knowing NVidia

I agree, but stranger things have happened. Only 3 months ago I was declaring AMD 7900 XT joke prices will not drop. Yet drop they did and I ended up with one when the first special offer at £699 with Starfield was announced. :)

But Nvidia, I think it will be different. The cheapest 4080 right now is £1050 (or £1130 for the FE), you can get a slightly faster raster GPU for £120 - £210 less. Or if you go for the 7900 XT you get a card for £700 with a game code you can sell for £40.

~10% slower at 1400p
~15% slower at 4K (my own tests have the 4080 less than 10% faster OC vs OC).

Obvioulsly the 4080 is about 35% faster in RT if that matters to you. Or if you prefer to compare against the 4070 Ti, the 7900 XT has 8GB more VRAM, is 10% faster in raster, 10% slowr in RT and 10% cheaper.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well it was wasn't it? week one news blamed it all on AMD. Then AMD stepped up and said it wasn't their problem, so people asked Bethesda who said in all of the time it was in dev Nvidia never approached them.

But aye, imagine paying for a 4090 and then having to pay some dude £3 or whatever it was for some janky DLSS? that is embarrassing. That said absolutely nothing now that Nvidia pull surprises me any more. First I was shocked, then I was peed. Now? I just laugh.

People going on in this thread about the naming so much are Nvidia users. And their master released a card that was the same speed as last gen yet more money. Jokes man.

Delete

Last edited:
Soldato
I genuinely don't feel that is going to happen.

Really, I think Nvidia are 100% done with PC gaming.

Let's move away from things like naming and pricing for a while.

Starfield has no official DLSS. The one thing people forgot to actually do was ask Nvidia why. As it happens, and was pointed out by Bethesda and I quote "Nvidia have not approached us". I have heard that basically? they did not want to pay for Bethesda to add it. Whereas AMD? did.

Now let us move onto the last like, "big" title before that.

DLSS is not functional at all. Nothing. Is any one missing the memo here? let me point it out for you. Nvidia are not approaching game companies, and they are not offering up help or even 1p in support. Nothing, zero, nada. As a company who pimped RT and DLSS to get people to buy GPUs they should also have been prepared financially to make them happen. But, like a lot of things they have pushed over the years? they have not followed on with the support.

Then, let us move onto what you get with an Nvidia GPU now. A few free skins for a crap game. That is it. All that money, and that is all you get. It's pathetic. Talk about a cop out. I mean, even before Starfield AMD were giving out Dead Island 2. Which was also a £60 game and has not dropped much in price since. Before that? it was The Last Of Us. Before that? something else big. I know because I have bought several AMD codes now and activated them on my various cards.

Yet Nvidia are just not bothered it seems.

Which leads me onto my point. If they are not bothering to approach game devs and willing to offer up the money needed to court them? I would avoid like the clap. Honestly this one time? I actually hope I am wrong and y'all with Nvidia cards are not now ginger headed step kids. Sadly with their actions of late? that is exactly how it feels.

Going back to the fanboy joke? last AMD GPU I bought was a 7990 at a massive discount. Every single one since then was Nvidia, as I always preferred them. It is only since mining and the fact they clearly didn't give a crap about us AND have not even tried to make amends? I have moved onto AMD. However the sole reason I ended up with three AMD GPUs? all based on the price and the freebies included.

It's ok take a deep breath, the complaints department is closed but we'll be sure to listen to your message (lmao)

Last edited:
Soldato
yes I'm a bit bored with it already. graphics and design are no better than Wolfenstein.

Well I have cut out all of the crud and just gone where it wants me to go and yeah, when you get there small areas to explore. It is like FO4 but with vaults only....

The menu system is a joke. Far too complex. Is there even a mini map? I mean, I got lost in the city and it took me an hour to find where I was trying to get to. That isn't fun. Do I really need to learn that whole city off by heart or is there a mini map I don't know about?

Associate
Well I have cut out all of the crud and just gone where it wants me to go and yeah, when you get there small areas to explore. It is like FO4 but with vaults only....

The menu system is a joke. Far too complex. Is there even a mini map? I mean, I got lost in the city and it took me an hour to find where I was trying to get to. That isn't fun. Do I really need to learn that whole city off by heart or is there a mini map I don't know about?

if you press Fto get your scanner you get bits showing up that you can fast travel too. You can also choose which mission part you want to do and it directs you there but yes no mini map is ****.

Soldato

Press F for F sake :D

When you use the scanner it shows POIs and the route to your next objective. It will also give a brief description, such as unknown facility, cave etc. You need to disable it to interact etc but is is a very good navigation tool.

Soldato
From the sounds of it AI demands will never be satiated. It’s the future of everything apparently.

And Nvidia have won at it. They finally have a market all to themselves.
No one except Nvidia is actually making any money from the AI boom so far and unless that changes I don’t expect the demand to stay high for much longer.

Soldato
No one except Nvidia is actually making any money from the AI boom so far and unless that changes I don’t expect the demand to stay high for much longer.
They certainly are the shovel sellers of the latest gold-rush!

Barriers to entry aren't all that high, so as I keep saying I expect the really big consumers of this to spin their own. Plus, the rush by Chinese companies to buy before the latest sanctions kick in won't last forever. And I'm sure the world's #2 economy will be throwing subsidies galore at spinning their own.

Soldato
Press F for F sake :D

When you use the scanner it shows POIs and the route to your next objective. It will also give a brief description, such as unknown facility, cave etc. You need to disable it to interact etc but is is a very good navigation tool.

I'm using a controller. And it has not told me how to do that. Which you know? it should, given it is all new and nothing like their other games.

Associate
Is there even a mini map? I mean, I got lost in the city and it took me an hour to find where I was trying to get to.

I'd normally suggest ask one of the locals, but in this game all they do is give you weird looks! :D

citizen-in-starfield.jpg

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
GPU Stagnations really set in hard.

Let's see how long Nvidia and AMD can keep releasing 'new' mid range cards with basically the same (or worse) performance as the cards they are supposed to replace!

Think the 4090 might be sticking around for a while at this rate

Back
Top Bottom