• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 5 9600X and Ryzen 7 9700X review thread

How many of these click bait videos have they made in the last 24 hours? 4, 5? Yes this is getting stupid.
Recently there has been 2 reviews for the 2 new CPUs, their regular Friday podcast and this opinion piece.

In response to your question, the answer is 1.

Are you really complaining about people whose job it is to post videos on PC hardware and news for posting videos on the latest PC hardware news whilst it is revelant?

I thought it was good analysis and how the claims are misleading which I agree with , and rDNA 3 claims and price drops after it's good they are being called out on it , I have 5800x3d btw

I thought this was good as well

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077, DOTA 2 and F1 2023 have the wrong claims against them
Thanks for spotting that.
So went over all the figures again and actually CB only have the 14600K and not the 14700K - I did toy with finding some 14600K vs 14700K results to scale CB's results but that would an estimate of an estimate so abandoned that idea.
So this means none of the test here use 7900 XTX. I did NOT trawl through youtube videos looking for someone using the 7900 XTX.
peUThmy.png

However, TPU's CP2077 figures are lot close to the claim so overall it somewhat closer.

Still on average the over-promised by 12% with only Borderlands 3 being pretty exact and now CP2077 being only off by 1%.

Last edited:
Thanks for spotting that.
So went over all the figures again and actually CB only have the 14600K and not the 14700K - I did toy with finding some 14600K vs 14700K results to scale CB's results but that would an estimate of an estimate so abandoned that idea.
So this means none of the test here use 7900 XTX. I did NOT trawl through youtube videos looking for someone using the 7900 XTX.
peUThmy.png

However, TPU's CP2077 figures are lot close to the claim so overall it somewhat closer.

Still on average the over-promised by 12% with only Borderlands 3 being pretty exact and now CP2077 being only off by 1%.

Review GPU of 3080 and you really wanted to inlciude that for the averaging?

Review GPU of 3080 and you really wanted to inlciude that for the averaging?
Not many reviews with Horizon Zero Dawn. All these figures are meant to show is 14700K vs 9700X as that was AMD's claim.

Since AMD's footnotes were very vague, there is no way to know where they claimed to get their scores from. For CPU benches, I'd almost expect 480P scores (like we use for the Fallout 4 CPU benches) but again AMD did not state. At 480P ultra-low details for Fallout 4 the GPU barely matters.

Not many reviews with Horizon Zero Dawn. All these figures are meant to show is 14700K vs 9700X as that was AMD's claim.

Since AMD's footnotes were very vague, there is no way to know where they claimed to get their scores from. For CPU benches, I'd almost expect 480P scores (like we use for the Fallout 4 CPU benches) but again AMD did not state. At 480P ultra-low details for Fallout 4 the GPU barely matters.

So run a CPU test in a massively GPU bound scenario to prove a point? Picking a 3080 example where the gap ends up being a 24% swing is ridiculous.

Go find some RX 6600 reviews like AMD did for the XT chips. The gaps will then be 0%, and you can be even more "correct".

You went to all that effort to lose all credibility.

Last edited:
Well, I do think it is up to the naysayers to provide opposing figures rather than complaining that nobody reviewed the CPU the same as AMD PR. And AMD PR are the ones who have lost all credibility IMO.

However, I did find a Chinese site which had Horizon Zero Dawn and a 14700K:
5U0pigv.png

Though instead of +7% the 9700X is now -3%.

Like I've said, AMD PR did not provide exact settings and t Hardware Unboxed apparently asked them but nothing:
Hardware unboxed said they contacted AMD about the results and they came back saying they are correct and similar to it's own testing within 1-2 percent,

They didn't share further details how they did the testing for the slides other than the end notes

Last edited:
Recently there has been 2 reviews for the 2 new CPUs, their regular Friday podcast and this opinion piece.

In response to your question, the answer is 1.

Are you really complaining about people whose job it is to post videos on PC hardware and news for posting videos on the latest PC hardware news whilst it is revelant?
Yep, a classic ad hominen comment; stop referring to the content itself and attack the content creator with exaggerated/false notions.

Will be interesting to see how the 16/12 core parts do. Probably be very good for VM/DB's and workstation type work.
Yes, the interesting parts are yet to come. I will reserve final judgement until then though at the moment this is not the ~20% improvement most expected/predicted so I'm perplexed at some of the gaslighting that's occurring.

Yes, the interesting parts are yet to come. I will reserve final judgement until then though at the moment this is not the ~20% improvement most expected/predicted so I'm perplexed at some of the gaslighting that's occurring.
I did not expect much for gaming as its a very small part (most don't get high end CPU's for gaming). It was always going to be more enterprise/workstation focused, that's the money. Zen 5 looks very good for enterprise/workstation customers and its still OK for desktop.

Good on Steve for not backing down, proving the haters wrong with data

The end result remains the same "Zen5 is charging a 20% premium for the same gaming performance as Zen4, and in our mind, that's quite a bad product"

Oof bad data from Steve. Prices have dropped launch to launch.

A self proclaimed youtube tech journalist should do a counter video. The ad revenue will be amazballz.

Back
Top Bottom