** OCUK TWITCH CHANNEL PUBG TOURNAMENT INFO AND SIGN UP THREAD **

OcUK Staff
OP
couple subs for the stream followers team. zaz is getting subbed for "DrRespect" poods for "Summit2G" data for "nunja" and flip for "shroood". hope thats cool.

giphy-downsized.gif

Soldato
I'm just giving my opinion here and don't want to cause offence or have it take anything away from OCUK organising such a cool tournament, but I do feel that this is quite lame to have the best of 3 all of a sudden which is basically clearly going to heavily favour the "ringer teams" bigtime, who may/may not even be based in the UK and will just get the items shipped to their UK mates and then posted on.... :/ I'd have absolutely loved nothing more than to see a team of regulars on here win it because they lucked out a bit but that seems quite unlikely now.

Something about the nature of just a one off game had potential to be so so "tense" and exciting, knowing if the zones goes in your favour then anybody could win, but .....

It'll still be cool to take part anyway but blah...whine! :D

Associate
I'm just giving my opinion here and don't want to cause offence or have it take anything away from OCUK organising such a cool tournament, but I do feel that this is quite lame to have the best of 3 all of a sudden which is basically clearly going to heavily favour the "ringer teams" bigtime, who may/may not even be based in the UK and will just get the items shipped to their UK mates and then posted on.... :/ I'd have absolutely loved nothing more than to see a team of regulars on here win it because they lucked out a bit but that seems quite unlikely now.

Something about the nature of just a one off game had potential to be so so "tense" and exciting, knowing if the zones goes in your favour then anybody could win, but .....

It'll still be cool to take part anyway but blah...whine! :D

Would you mind elaborating on why you feel making it a best of 3 instead of BO1 favours ringers? First of all, you are aware that teams can not add or replace any players? This was possible in the qualifiers, however, you have to stick to your original squad for the finals. I feel like BO1 is a terrible idea to begin with, because 'may the best team win' does not exist. It's heavily based on RNG if it's just ONE game. However, best of three shows which team is truly better.

It seems that you're only upset because teams can't win by chance, they have to perform consistently well.

Soldato
Would you mind elaborating on why you feel making it a best of 3 instead of BO1 favours ringers? First of all, you are aware that teams can not add or replace any players? This was possible in the qualifiers, however, you have to stick to your original squad for the finals. I feel like BO1 is a terrible idea to begin with, because 'may the best team win' does not exist. It's heavily based on RNG if it's just ONE game. However, best of three shows which team is truly better.

It seems that you're only upset because teams can't win by chance, they have to perform consistently well.

If memory serves me correct. Didn't you guys win the qualifer game that we were in some days back? So, it doesnt surprise me at all that you think bo1 would be a terrible idea. From a competition pov it is a terrible idea but from the beauty that literally any team could win if they get a little lucky in a set cool 30 minute game of pubg if the zone goes their way and if the patterns work out, and if they shoot a few people at the right times. Changing it to bo3 in my mind almost guarantees that the best team wins. I think part of the appeal for us when signing up in the first place to this was that we were almost entering the lottery and who knows what could happen? Now at late notice it has turned into a technical serious competition, which is up to them! but anyway...I really don't want to be filling this thread with whine. I am excited about the tourney just like we all are but this move to me is a bit of a shame but we'll enjoy the experience and just forget about the possibility of winning it now! Winning isn't everything anyway! :D

Associate
If memory serves me correct. Didn't you guys win the qualifer game that we were in some days back? So, it doesnt surprise me at all that you think bo1 would be a terrible idea. From a competition pov it is a terrible idea but from the beauty that literally any team could win if they get a little lucky in a set cool 30 minute game of pubg if the zone goes their way and if the patterns work out, and if they shoot a few people at the right times. Changing it to bo3 in my mind almost guarantees that the best team wins. I think part of the appeal for us when signing up in the first place to this was that we were almost entering the lottery and who knows what could happen? Now at late notice it has turned into a technical serious competition, which is up to them! but anyway...I really don't want to be filling this thread with whine. I am excited about the tourney just like we all are but this move to me is a bit of a shame but we'll enjoy the experience and just forget about the possibility of winning it now! Winning isn't everything anyway! :D

Well, I suppose we have different views. I prefer skill over luck. :) You're remembering wrong, we won yesterday's qualifier and never played in any competitions prior to this. Lukeds, one of our guys, played in Broadcaster's Royal, or whatever it's called and that's it.

Associate
Basically we are all going to turn up, play 3 maps and Alliance are going to walk the number 1 spot. Best team in this tournament by some margin

Back
Top Bottom