*** OcUK VR Sim Racing Thread ***

Anyone using an office chair, I'm getting really bored of braking and the chair moving back :cry:

Currently I've been putting two rear castors in my crocs which works but I never get the same spot :rolleyes::cry:

********. I just beat the world record in that car on my first lap. The car looks exactly like the other one so if I'd recorded it you'd all think I was good at the game
:cry: :cry: :cry: Hahaha, I see that now.

But the world record for that car is a 1.32 and nobody was claiming of beating any world records.

Just spent 30 mins in the slower/correct car and hit a few consistent 1.42's but lots of silly mistakes also.

Finally, the quest 3 makes sim VR viable for me as the quest 2 was poor.

I normally avoid open seaters, but that car was pretty fun.

Loads of tracks i haven't even heard of on AMS2 so going to take some time to learn them.

What nights are most people online for some races?

Good news, openxr toolkit does work with AMS2. You just need to download and replace one .dll file.

You can enable CAS sharpening, foveated rendering (gave me 10% performance boost), set world scale to 107% and fov to 94% to make everything look correct size, and more importantly you can set some post processing like sun filters, contrast, brightness, saturation. I found some settings on a race forum, it changes the picture from a computer game to almost real life :eek:

I'm running crystal resolution with MSAA at 60% load.

Still tinkering.

Last edited:
Good news, openxr toolkit does work with AMS2. You just need to download and replace one .dll file.

You can enable CAS sharpening, foveated rendering (gave me 10% performance boost), set world scale to 107% and fov to 94% to make everything look correct size, and more importantly you can set some post processing like sun filters, contrast, brightness, saturation. I found some settings on a race forum, it changes the picture from a computer game to almost real life :eek:

I'm running crystal resolution with MSAA at 60% load.

Still tinkering.

I'm stuck in a toss up between AMS and Assetto having just started tinkering with the former. AMS really is all that when you catch it the right environmental lighting, the brightness and saturation of a mid afternoon overcast setting looks almost real in the Crystal. That said, maxing out Assetto and doing all the good stuff with the XR Tookit with a plain old thundery SOL extra setting around Fonteny in a road car on the H pattern, has been the most realistic drive i have experienced in VR.

Back
Top Bottom