*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
I'm a first time VR user and HOLY **** this is amazing! just setting up the thing is beautiful, its beating me up with its premium design. I don't even have headphones plugged in and jeepers!

I'm telling everyone to get one now. haha. ah geez... I'm 38 going on 16 again, life is wonderful!

WQEc5io.jpg

Same!

Just played superhot for 30 minutes, my quads are aching (been a while since I've done proper exercise due to suspected hernia). Amazing fun, completely immersive. I've seen people play on youtube, but the difference between being in it, and watching it on a flat screen, is insane, the most significant difference for me is inside the computer room, it's absolutely amazing.

Soldato
Same!

Just played superhot for 30 minutes, my quads are aching (been a while since I've done proper exercise due to suspected hernia). Amazing fun, completely immersive. I've seen people play on youtube, but the difference between being in it, and watching it on a flat screen, is insane, the most significant difference for me is inside the computer room, it's absolutely amazing.

My friend just told me superhot is the best game on it. I was thinking either that or beat sabre.

This was supposed to be being put away for Christmas.

Do I open it?

Soldato
My friend just told me superhot is the best game on it. I was thinking either that or beat sabre.

This was supposed to be being put away for Christmas.

Do I open it?

Should have waited on ordering it if you didn't want to open it now :D. Got to make sure it works properly, and no regrets, for 14 days from date of arrival.

Associate
Same!

I can't gush about it enough - this is like when I played half-life for the first time, or had my first iphone. it's a complet

Associate
If anyone is planning on connecting it to their PC, I highly recommend Half Life: Alyx.
Of every VR game I've played, this one has got to be the pinnacle of excellence as far as VR games go so far. After 30 mins in the game, everything feels so natural. A comfy pair of shoes or a thick rug is essential, you get so involved in the game, time flies and your feet will hurt!

Soldato
It arrived about an hour ago. The only issue was I had to uninstall and reinstall the Oculus app to get the Quest 2 to appear as an option to pair.

First impressions:
It's small!
The controllers are much nicer - very similar to the CV1 in feel.
Screen door effect is almost gone, but the clarity does show up the low-res textures and blurry backgrounds.
I tried the cloth strap and to be honest it didn't seem too bad - felt better than the Go. I could imagine using this to lie down in bed and watch movies.
The battery strap is very nice. Makes the headset more comfortable, but the facial interface is nowhere near as nice as my Quest 1 VR cover.
I can tell that the IPD isn't quite right for my eyes (using position 2, and I have 66 IPD. Position 3 didn't feel right, and you can notice the screen edges) but I think like the Go I will get used to it. My Prescription lenses fitted perfectly.
The device itself feels far snappier, boots up almost instantly, and the couple of games I tried felt far smoother. (A lot of Quest 1 games seem to run right up against the performance limits and can feel a bit jittery).
Overall it feels like a quality, well made device.
The case is weird - looks like a furry egg, but is solid, and has room for the charger and cable as well as controllers.

Soldato
It may be because I know no better, and I'm not keeping the strap on my head for too long, but the strap seems fine so far. I do think I want a new facial insert.

Just did a little bit of a free fishing game (my play zone has been reclaimed, so wanted a seated experience), and I ended up trying to rest my arms on the armrests of the VR chair :D.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Arrived 11am this morning but been teaching until just now and back on at 2 so will have to wait until 5pm to play.

6IAX2YMl.jpg

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

It's here! So much for delivery on Thursday!

Only issue is... I need to work :(. Blooming work, blooming money... started setup, left it on charge whilst doing so. Will get through the urgent stuff quickly and try it out.

First problem I've come across though, I'm a damp human being, give off lots of condensation. I've already had to wipe the condensation off the lenses twice. And it doesn't come with a microfibre towel, which is irritating.

EDIT - The box is smaller than I expected too!
Try the glasses spacer if you are suffering from condensation.

Back
Top Bottom