*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
PS: I'm also a sales guy. Seems to be a sale a day then some bundled games come up. Just be aware of the cross platform. So the store on the PC covers the rift, the store on the headset//phone app is Quest. Not all cross over and it seems the sale is 90% on the Quest.

Check places like Fanatical. Some games on there for a quid whilst going on the store for £15. Also this is great. Bookmark it. Not sure if someone from here or hotdeals made this...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...uqySF9RO2B5bagV--x7436ibveXa7z9d1nxaylE9ab0U#

In regards to the stores cross over, does that mean the store on the PC itself is only for the Rift headset? Or am I missing something?

Hmm I wonder how much of a faff it would be to get it working well on PC then... Thats a little offputting. I was hoping for the most part it would be plug and play.

I have a 2080 in the PC and also a Rog G14 laptop with a 2060 MaxQ that i can try connect it to so im hoping at least one of those would be suitable.

Soldato
£300 for the 128gb is as good as it gets new. They're in big demand so there's absolutely no chance of a sale. There are a lot of scam sites trying to sell them for £95 etc, it's all scams.

2080 should be good enough to drive the q2 reasonably well, depending on the game and the settings.

With Sidequest, you can usually mod the native standalone quest version of beatsaber I believe, though I haven't done it.

As for getting it working with your PC, from everything I've read, every VR headset can be a bit of a faff at times, but the Oculus setup seems to be the most straightforward and least buggy. I've had a bit of fiddlyness with Steam games, but once you get used to the order of loading the softwares up, it's not too bad.

I don't think any games are cross buy in terms of Steam to Oculus etc, but some are in terms of Rift (PCVR) or Quest (Standalone), best to check before buying if that's important to you.

I'd honestly say, if you've got a half decent wireless setup, don't bother with buying a cable straightaway, Airlink is pretty good, and Virtual Desktop (£15 on sale I believe) is also good at providing a wireless PCVR experience.

Quest 2 is great value, there's a good chance you'll want to buy accessories for it though, which can add to the cost, but I'd recommend starting with the headset, and seeing if it works for you. Audio, as a non-audiophile, is just fine for me.

EDIT - Oh, and if you buy through oculus, find a friend who has one already, and get them to give you a referral code, then you both get something like £23 free credit in the store.

Soldato
In regards to the stores cross over, does that mean the store on the PC itself is only for the Rift headset? Or am I missing something?

Hmm I wonder how much of a faff it would be to get it working well on PC then... Thats a little offputting. I was hoping for the most part it would be plug and play.

I have a 2080 in the PC and also a Rog G14 laptop with a 2060 MaxQ that i can try connect it to so im hoping at least one of those would be suitable.

Yeah so the PC store is rift games which tend to be better visually, however the Quest plays them all. There are games that play on both but some don't, just be careful.

90% driver based. Have any issues go back to 446.14. Difference for me was looking at a slideshow to the odd stutter here and there. Don't let my comments put you off, it was worth the hassle.

Soldato
£300 for the 128gb is as good as it gets new. They're in big demand so there's absolutely no chance of a sale. There are a lot of scam sites trying to sell them for £95 etc, it's all scams.

2080 should be good enough to drive the q2 reasonably well, depending on the game and the settings.

With Sidequest, you can usually mod the native standalone quest version of beatsaber I believe, though I haven't done it.

As for getting it working with your PC, from everything I've read, every VR headset can be a bit of a faff at times, but the Oculus setup seems to be the most straightforward and least buggy. I've had a bit of fiddlyness with Steam games, but once you get used to the order of loading the softwares up, it's not too bad.

I don't think any games are cross buy in terms of Steam to Oculus etc, but some are in terms of Rift (PCVR) or Quest (Standalone), best to check before buying if that's important to you.

I'd honestly say, if you've got a half decent wireless setup, don't bother with buying a cable straightaway, Airlink is pretty good, and Virtual Desktop (£15 on sale I believe) is also good at providing a wireless PCVR experience.

Quest 2 is great value, there's a good chance you'll want to buy accessories for it though, which can add to the cost, but I'd recommend starting with the headset, and seeing if it works for you. Audio, as a non-audiophile, is just fine for me.

EDIT - Oh, and if you buy through oculus, find a friend who has one already, and get them to give you a referral code, then you both get something like £23 free credit in the store.

I'm impressed at the audio that comes out of the headset, it really has special presence. I use my old sens so not to annoy her but tbh when no one is around i prefer the headset..

Soldato
Does anyone have experience with the Elite strap? Ive read a lot of mixed things on it?

Or would it be better to get an alternative from Amazon or similar?

If you are only thinking of getting the ordinary Elite strap and not the one with the battery, then I suggest you choose another headstrap. You can better for cheaper.

Soldato
If you are only thinking of getting the ordinary Elite strap and not the one with the battery, then I suggest you choose another headstrap. You can better for cheaper.

Thanks, any experience with any or can suggest any good ones?

I ordered from John Lewis in the end for the 2 year warranty as the cost seemed the same everywhere.

Need to get a PC link cable now and a strap I think.

EDIT:

My Quest 2 comes today!

I'm very excited. I'm trying to decide to get swarm for my shooting experience or something else.

Last edited:
Soldato

I ordered from John Lewis in the end for the 2 year warranty as the cost seemed the same everywhere.

EDIT:

My Quest 2 comes today!

I'm very excited. I'm trying to decide to get swarm for my shooting experience or something else.

First VR headset?

The Bobo VR M2 headstrap seems to get great reviews around here.

Soldato
You are going to love the quest 2 :)

did it arrive yet?

Its arrived at my local waitrose to go and collect after work!

Ive just realised that i have ordered a 5m usb cable thinking i needed it for PC games, but actually it seems Airlink is really quite good, if you have good wifi, so i might return it ...

I wanted to get beatsaber with the easiest ways to get customer songs, so not sure which way is best to go (sideload on oculus vs airlink and play steam vr)

Soldato
Its arrived at my local waitrose to go and collect after work!

Ive just realised that i have ordered a 5m usb cable thinking i needed it for PC games, but actually it seems Airlink is really quite good, if you have good wifi, so i might return it ...

I wanted to get beatsaber with the easiest ways to get customer songs, so not sure which way is best to go (sideload on oculus vs airlink and play steam vr)

I've just added custom songs to my beat saber on quest. Took about 10-15 minutes for me to get my head around it all, but wasn't too bad.

Soldato
I've just added custom songs to my beat saber on quest. Took about 10-15 minutes for me to get my head around it all, but wasn't too bad.

Yeah i think its quite easy to do now, but i was keen on the pcversion because ... well you can get it for cheaper if you catch my drift!

Ill probably plump up full cost for the oculus version 2 just so its available on the "go"

Associate

EDIT:

My Quest 2 comes today!

I'll say I have the elite strap, love it and have had no problems with it! It's a little expensive but its done its job for me

Associate
Yeah i think its quite easy to do now, but i was keen on the pcversion because ... well you can get it for cheaper if you catch my drift!

Ill probably plump up full cost for the oculus version 2 just so its available on the "go"
I did this exact thing, i actually own 3 copies of beat saber now: psvr, pc and quest versions haha but having beat saber available on the go wherever I am is pretty special!

Soldato
What do people do to fine tune latency issues?

I've got one game on steam store which runs like a 3 legged dog (some western shooter like you had in 90s arcades which should be ideal for vr) and since rolling back the drivers it's the only one struggling now.

Soldato
have you tried it using a wired cable? is that any better? if not it could be a game issue and out of your control.

edit...........
wired cable , unnecessary use of both words i guess ;)

Back
Top Bottom