*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I assume the black circles at the very far left and right of your peripheral vision is perfectly normal?

It was the same on the PSVR. Assume it's just the limitations of the current technology.

You soon forget after a while.

Yes, that's just the FoV of the device.

Soldato
What will I need sideloading for? Can I not just run games from my PC in Steam, and have that run in my headset? I mean, I'm interested in looking at other applications and tools so will probably look at sideloading in future, I just didn't realise I needed it, if I wasn't actually going to copy any software across to the Quest from the PC.

You need to sideload the version of Virtual Desktop that allows wireless streaming of Oculus and Steam VR PC games. Oculus demanded that the feature be removed from the official store version because they feel that Wireless streaming is too variable and problematic to use usable for many users (and probably also didn't like having competition for PC link capability).

Soldato
Holy squitz. VR is Amazing!

I haven't been this blown away by a gaming experience since Rogue Squadron back on the GameCube! Done the built-in demo so far and had a quick go at the Superhot demo.

I've watched a load of videos about VR over the past few weeks, and read loads of stuff. But none of it quite prepares you for what the experience is like. Absolutely mind-blowing. Just wish I had more space for it, as my play area is bare minimum for room-scale. I see the Guardian boundary all the time, unless I'm dead centre.

Soldato
Just wish I had more space for it, as my play area is bare minimum for room-scale. I see the Guardian boundary all the time, unless I'm dead centre.

That's the good thing about the Quest - It's portable. I've played my Quest 1 on a huge empty office floor, with a maxed out guardian. It was incredible.

Soldato
Absolutely absorbed in some more super hot. Again, rather than the play bit, it's the office that has me completely engrossed and forgetting reality. The play section is awesome too though!

Associate
How 'abusable' is the 2 hour return, is it meant to be used just to sample loads of games, like iphone trials? Or do you get blacklisted? Is it automated?

I will buy a few, but honestly 2 hours is about the average lifespan of a game for me....

Associate
Mine arrived from Amazon a few hours ago. I've set it all up and installed DeoVR and Skybox (had to re-purchase) and all streaming ok from my NAS. The strap is very similar to my Go but it does feel heavier for some reason.

The image quality is double better than the Go though and it streams 8K video from my NAS with no stuttering over my Deco M5's.

Associate
Holy squitz. VR is Amazing!

I haven't been this blown away by a gaming experience since Rogue Squadron back on the GameCube! Done the built-in demo so far and had a quick go at the Superhot demo.

Oh hell yeah. Going from flat screen gaming to actually seeing depth adds a whole new dimension to gaming (boom boom!)
Elite Dangerous was one that blew me away. You know your ship is big when you see it. You know a spacestation is massive cos you land in it. Planets are big (duh!). But when you add depth to a game things actually really look big. Flying into a space station in Elite is breathtaking.

On a smaller scale, try Minecraft in VR. Those stupid little 5 block trees now look enormous now every cube actually looks like it's 1m³!

Soldato
On a smaller scale, try Minecraft in VR. Those stupid little 5 block trees now look enormous now every cube actually looks like it's 1m³!

Vivecraft is the best VR minecraft BTW. It uses the Java edition and has full hand presence. You can even mine blocks by hand if you want a work-out. (But it's easier to press a button).

Back
Top Bottom