*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Caporegime
I've got an Elite strap with battery coming today, it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the KiWi strap which although is much better than the standard strap im finding battery life a problem, as well as the headset keeps weighing down on my nose.... im hoping the Elite battery will counter that somewhat.

I guess the Kiwi wouldn't do that if I tightened it even more but its already clamping my face, so not really an option for me personally.

Soldato
I've got an Elite strap with battery coming today, it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the KiWi strap which although is much better than the standard strap im finding battery life a problem, as well as the headset keeps weighing down on my nose.... im hoping the Elite battery will counter that somewhat.

I guess the Kiwi wouldn't do that if I tightened it even more but its already clamping my face, so not really an option for me personally.

I went with this just purely for the simplistic all in one nature for the kids. I've not really used it myself for long play sessions but its all round its not has good as the Quest 1 with glasses. If I dont get this right first time have to faff about repositioning my glasses. Also its quite easy to knock it off when you pick it up the side clips onto the front of the Quest visor and it can some off sometimes easily. Plus the battery connection can be a right pain it often doesnt recognise the battery and I havent figured out why yet. If it wasnt "for the kids" think I would have got a custom one as I already have two battery packs I used with the Quest 1 (I had a custom headband) and I just used to put the battery pack in my back pocket plugged into the quest 1 with the usb wire over my shoulder and it worked fine. Also battery pack is only 5200mah and my packs are 10000mah and 12000mah so they would last longer.

Soldato

I've got the Elite Strap with battery and it's been great for me. I have added the VR cover rear pad for the strap and that makes it even more comfortable and it's also much easier to slide on and off while still being secure when on.

Soldato
I've got the Elite Strap with battery and it's been great for me. I have added the VR cover rear pad for the strap and that makes it even more comfortable and it's also much easier to slide on and off while still being secure when on.

Do you find often it doesnt detect the battery ?

Is the rear pad the one that looks like a leather donut ?

Caporegime

Cool, ive added that to my watch list at Amazon in case I find the Elite backplate a bit uncomfortable, I haven't had an extended play yet.

It's taking forever to charge mind. The headset was quite low already and the strap battery was basically dead when I got it.

Associate
Anyone else having issues connecting to the PC since update 37?

Using the link cable, Windows 11 isn't detecting the headset and the enable airlink connection isn't coming up in the headset :confused:

Soldato

Interested to hear your thoughts. My kiwi also presses on my nose so thinking about sending it back.

Soldato
Ive only used it briefly and it did seem to keep the headset off my nose although I’d rather play a bit longer to see how it fares after an hour.

Sounds good so far then. I've sorted a return for mine, and going to order the bobovr m2 pro I think. That extra battery weight should make it a lot more comfortable.

Soldato
My m2 pro is much better than the original in terms of weight balance but i still think my head is not the perfect shape for a Halo strap! but im not looking at getting anything different now, too much faff.

Soldato

Interested to hear your thoughts. My kiwi also presses on my nose so thinking about sending it back.

The problem with the Kiwi Strap and the elite strap without the battery is that there is nothing to stop the headset slipping down onto your nose and cheeks. They are great when you put them on first, but, after a while they just get more and more uncomfortable. The solution is to put a counterweight on the back. It doesn't have to be a battery, just something about the weight of a phone or battery pack. It makes a massive difference to the comfort levels.

Before returning straps or buying new ones, I would try some kind of counter weight first.

Back
Top Bottom