*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Just joined the club after my birthday yesterday! Blown away by it. Will be browsing this forum for tips and the best games. Downloaded Elite Dangerous overnight as a start!
Walkabout mini golf is great, and a brilliant social game.

Real vr fishing is a generally relaxed game with a chill social side.

I really like after the fall as a co-op zombie shooter ( similar to left for dead).

I don't have population one, but it's meant to be a very good battle royale.

Rec room is free, a little basic but a ton of games and game types, people can build their own but there's also some professionally created stuff that's a lot of fun, especially with a group of mates.

Beat saber is of course a classic, pistol whip a similar beat game but a bit different in how it plays.

Thrill of the fight is quite basic but will kick your arse aerobically.

Demeo is a table top dungeon crawler, like heroquest. Good fun in a group.

Plenty of my favourite games are social. I was never a big social player on flat screen but vr makes a big difference. Pop into the hangout social gaming thread and join us for a game! We play regularly on Mondays but most have other times to play, and we've been looking at getting another regular session going as well.

Associate
Just an update. Am loving the world of VR! Can’t get my son off it! Elite Dangerous is incredible in VR and runs really well on my i5-6600k with 1660 GPU. The BBC Home space walk has to be experienced and Epic Roller Coasters is just brilliant. Tempted by walking dead but is a bit pricey. Worth it? Haven’t quite got vr working in X plane yet but will plod on with that

Caporegime
Bought a quest 2 last month. Can't stop playing Vader immortal lighsaber dojo . Completed every level and now deleted my game saves and start again.

I should play beat saber and table tennis which I own as well. BUT, you get to use a light saber, blaster and the force in VR. As a star wars fan I don't think it gets any better than this!

Anyone else?

Edit: I don't have a pc hooked up to it, just the headset standalone.

rp2000

Associate
Hi folks,

As I don't usually play a lot of very active moving about games I have disabled the Guardian on the quest, makes it a lot easier than having to reset the Stationary Guardian each time. I do a lot of stuff sitting down. I think though you have to have developer mode enabled otherwise you loose head tracking, as far as I have read.

Anyone else disabled the Guardian?

As regards best games I got All in one Sports free from App lab great selection of sports games.

Soldato
Hi folks,

As I don't usually play a lot of very active moving about games I have disabled the Guardian on the quest, makes it a lot easier than having to reset the Stationary Guardian each time. I do a lot of stuff sitting down. I think though you have to have developer mode enabled otherwise you loose head tracking, as far as I have read.

Anyone else disabled the Guardian?

As regards best games I got All in one Sports free from App lab great selection of sports games.

You should be able to set up two separate guardians. One for sit down and one for standing. At least I can on mine. I can put my desk into the guardian system and can switch between them.

Caporegime
s to connect either via Cable Link or Air Link... I select to enable Oculus Link and then it just shows a black screen then goes back to the regular Home. Anyone else experienced this?

I have tried:
  1. Rebooting device = unsuccesful.
  2. Rebooting PC = unsuccesful.
  3. Removing cable and replugging = unsuccesful.
  4. Repairing Oculus software = unsuccesful.
  5. Re-adding headset to Oculus software = unsuccesful.
  6. Uninstalling and re-installing Oculus software = unsuccesful.
  7. Doing a factory reset on the headset = unsuccesful.

Lowering the display settings helped to get it back once but then next time same problem. Any ideas? :(

Soldato
s to connect either via Cable Link or Air Link... I select to enable Oculus Link and then it just shows a black screen then goes back to the regular Home. Anyone else experienced this?

I have tried:
  1. Rebooting device = unsuccesful.
  2. Rebooting PC = unsuccesful.
  3. Removing cable and replugging = unsuccesful.
  4. Repairing Oculus software = unsuccesful.
  5. Re-adding headset to Oculus software = unsuccesful.
  6. Uninstalling and re-installing Oculus software = unsuccesful.
  7. Doing a factory reset on the headset = unsuccesful.

Lowering the display settings helped to get it back once but then next time same problem. Any ideas? :(

I had this a while back, and was completely unable to connect to the PC . I did everything you've done and contacted oculus support. In the end I got a replacement headset with exactly the same issue. It turned out to be a windows update update that had borked the system, so I ended up reinstalling windows and everything worked as advertised.

Back
Top Bottom