*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Oculus have just despatched a 'refurb' left controller to me as a replacement for mine with the dodgy thumbstick.

I hope it's in good condition, as I've read some scare stories of refurbed replacement headsets being in really bad condition.

The controller I sent was in perfect external condition with no cosmetic damage. The only issue was the dodgy thumbstick.

Fingers crossed!

Caporegime
Wow I now have Skyrim VR looking pretty damn amazing (rig specs in sig) on the Quest 2 using:

Wabbajack
Tahrovin modpack (you download from within wabbajack this link is just to the readme and info) https://github.com/iAmMe27/Tahrovin

Add this Azurean ENB and enable it with Glamur Reshade using the MO2 ENB manager https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/53119?tab=posts

Then the following:

-------------------------------------------

In Oculus main PC application:

-Render resolution set to 5408 x 2736 @ 90hz

In Sidequest: https://sidequestvr.com/setup-howto

-Texture resolution set to 2048

Not relevant for SkyrimVR so removed. Thanks u/lamostagi

In Oculusdebugtool.exe: https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/native/pc/dg-debug-tool/

-Encode Bitrate (Mbps): 600 (has to be copied and pasted into the field the max manual entry is 500)

-Encode Resolution Width: 4000

-Encode Dynamic Bitrate: Disabled

-Dynamic Bitrate Offset (Mbps): 0

-Link Sharpening: Enabled

In SteamVR:

-Set resolutions to 100% (no supersampling)

-Everything else at default (I disables Steam home though)

In Skyrim:

-Disable dynamic resolution.

-Do not enable supersampling, leave it disabled.

-Enable TAA.

I really want a new VR heaset with 35ppd+ now! :D

Soldato
Make a genuine account, and then put on all privacy options so no one can find you.
You also don't have to add any photos or other details apart from the basics needed to set up the Facebook account or friend anyone.

Don't use the Meta/Oculus app to create your Facebook account.

Creating your Facebook account on a computer first and setting it all up, then setting up the Quest 2 and logging in seems to work more reliably. (Less chance of account being flagged as suspicious incorrectly or issues with account setup)

Associate
Anyone having issues with v39 on airlink? Use to be perfect at 90fps, 1.7x in oculus, and variable bitrate. When launches now it does that weird buffering thing where it renders a rentangle of your FOV and delays inputs. Already reinstalled oculus and still persists. Works flawlessly with cable though.

Soldato
Anyone having issues with v39 on airlink? Use to be perfect at 90fps, 1.7x in oculus, and variable bitrate. When launches now it does that weird buffering thing where it renders a rentangle of your FOV and delays inputs. Already reinstalled oculus and still persists. Works flawlessly with cable though.

You could update it to V40 manually to see if that fixes the issue.

Last edited:
Associate
You could update it to V40 manually to see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks, I updated it to V41 and although it seemed to be better, but it just came back to usual after the update. I opened up the resource monitor and noticed my network usage was around 100% although I was transferring maybe 100mbps at most. I went into my network adapter and sure enough, it was only receiving 100/100 link speed. Changed it to 1gbps full-duplex and runs like butter again. No idea how it changed to 100mbps though

Associate
Anyone else have issues with loosing tracking ( I take it this is my problem) when I take off the headset and then put it back on a while later, the whole environment scene turns along with my head, beginning to get a bit annoying pressing the oculus buttons to re-centre doesn't help.

Usually have to re-start the headset.
Any ideas as how to fix this?
Thanks
Joe

Soldato
Anyone else have issues with loosing tracking ( I take it this is my problem) when I take off the headset and then put it back on a while later, the whole environment scene turns along with my head, beginning to get a bit annoying pressing the oculus buttons to re-centre doesn't help.

Usually have to re-start the headset.
Any ideas as how to fix this?
Thanks
Joe
Sounds like factory reset time. Oculass/meta updates are notorious for borking headsets. Worth giving it a go before you resort to the the unhelpdesk. if you do have to contact lack-of-support then that's the first thing they'll ask you to try.

Associate
Thanks for reply, I should have mentioned I have the guardian disabled as I find it more convenient that way, usually sitting down , wonder if that has a bearing?
I have developer options as well.
Thanks.

Soldato
Thanks for reply, I should have mentioned I have the guardian disabled as I find it more convenient that way, usually sitting down , wonder if that has a bearing?
I have developer options as well.
Thanks.

Disabling the guardian does just that. I never have the guardian on. Shouldn't really effect tracking or the motion sensors

Soldato
How good are these really? I loved the rift s, but being disabled and unable to stand for long periods I found myself unable to enjoy games while being tethered and sat down like NMS etc

How far are we from a truly wireless pc vr gaming experience?

Underboss
How good are these really? I loved the rift s, but being disabled and unable to stand for long periods I found myself unable to enjoy games while being tethered and sat down like NMS etc

How far are we from a truly wireless pc vr gaming experience?

I use my quest 2 via wireless

The deckard (index 2) is apparently a standalone pcvr headset
Comming next year

Soldato
My replacement controller turned up out of the blue today - no email or anything from Yodel to tell me it was arriving.
It came in a cardboard box marked as a refurbed controller but looks brand new, with all the stickers and cable sleeves you get on a new one.
Paired it and tested it with the Quest 2 and it all works fine, and thumbstick calibration shows no jittering. Excellent!

Associate
Bought my 2nd quest 2 yesterday after selling my 1st about 6 months ago. Sold it as i was receiving an aero anyday at that time, thought i wouldn't use it etc. Well 6 months later (now) the aero is getting refunded and i have a q2 again. Just got to say what a great headset it is, and that's not even considering its low price, it's just great fullstop. Love or hate meta they've knocked it out of the park with the q2. The only way i'll part with this 1 is when upgrading to a quest 3.

Back
Top Bottom