*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
@ShiWarrior, do you still have a dev account on your android device? Mine seems to have gone walkabouts.
50743172871_081c5c38ae_o_d.gif

Caporegime
FYI, I used the link in the email from Meta to change my Facebook linked account into a Meta only account. I then turned on the Quest 2 headset, which needed relinking and rebooting, and then everything was the same as before, including the "developer" tab in the settings. So it seems it automatically gives developer permissions to those who had it pre account changes. Much easier to change everything then I thought!

rp2000

Soldato
So you can only swap a FB account for a meta account, what about if you only have an Oculus account, in account settings is still only shows FB as a linking option.

Caporegime
So you can only swap a FB account for a meta account, what about if you only have an Oculus account, in account settings is still only shows FB as a linking option.
They sent so many emails recently that I am probably confused.

My understanding was Oculus accounts can stay as they are till the end of 23, at which point they too will need to migrate to a Meta account.

rp20000

Soldato
They sent so many emails recently that I am probably confused.

My understanding was Oculus accounts can stay as they are till the end of 23, at which point they too will need to migrate to a Meta account.

rp20000

But you cant activate a Quest2 with an Oculus account, it needs to be linked to FB doesnt it?

Soldato
Yup working without a FB account, went into the Oculus App, add Quest 2 device and it asked to convert to Meta account, followed it through and now have the Quest 2 up and running.

Soldato
Mine's all working now. All I need now are some games :)

I got Beat Saber free, which is mildly amusing, though I end up with sweat dripping down my face and into my mouth in not a particularly long period of time.
I also bought Eleven Table Tennis based on the recommendations here, which I'm quite enjoying too, though it seems to never end when playing against AI. How many rounds are there?
Vader Immortal is probably my favourite so far, for the storyline. I do think it's a little overpriced for what you get but it is thoroughly enjoyable and I have spent an hour or two in the Dojo as well. I do wish there was more story stuff. Standing toe to toe with Vader is fab, and the Rancor gave me a couple of brown trouser moments :p

I've tried getting some Steam games to work on Linux via ALVR, but without much success. The ALVR instructions aren't great, but I did eventually manage to build it from Git (the current 18.x release version won't find the headset). Only one random free Steam VR game I downloaded actually works at the moment though and I don't see me playing it other than just to test. From the various web searches I've done, Project Cars is supposed to work, but all I get is a 3/4 size black screen on the pre-launch Steam landscape and then everything just starts juddering at the tiniest head movement.

Underboss
project cars is a little fiddly to get it working in VR, as its on a screen until you get into the cockpit to race then it jumps to full screen

but you shouldn't be going straight into fast pace stuff like racing games, you need to ease into it, if you feel a little headache or dizziness, stop for an hour

do you have an AMD GPU ?

Soldato
Walkabout mini golf. There's a reason it's the most popular hangout game we play here.

I really enjoy after the fall for some team shooter stuff, I don't know how busy the servers are now, but the discord was always fairly good for finding games.

Red Matter and Red Matter 2, as well as Lone Echo 1+2 are all meant to be very good story based games, not played any but will eventually get around to doing so!

Soldato
Apart form the odd game at the amusement arcade, I've never really been into FPS games, mostly because they gave me motion sickness. I will have to try one on the Quest to see if my tolerance has improved or if VR makes it better. Walkabout Mini Golf is on my wishlist. I looked at the trailer for Demeo and not sure about it as it seems like a turn based board game style that I usually avoid. I'm sure I looked at the trailer for Lone Echo but can't remember what I thought about it. Will have to look again. Same for Red Matter. I've become quite antisocial in my old age having got fed up of online games with both teenage and adult idiots, so wasn't really looking at Rec Room, though I did see lots of good reviews for it.

Back
Top Bottom