*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Underboss
hmm

well i needed to go ahead with choosing what to do , so i said continue with using FB account (just to try and make things easier) and delete it later

in the headset there was a code which i wrote down, but i have no idea what to do with it

now i cant access the store page on my headset :(

Soldato
hmm

well i needed to go ahead with choosing what to do , so i said continue with using FB account (just to try and make things easier) and delete it later

in the headset there was a code which i wrote down, but i have no idea what to do with it

now i cant access the store page on my headset :(
Ha! Welcome to my world. I switched to a meta account in the headset and mobile and was unable to lo in to the PCVR account on 2 machines.

Associate
This hasn't been done yet as far as I can tell so anyone in the industry, this information will be greatly appreciated.
We need to know the relationship between the output resolution of the game and refresh rate (oculus slider)
to the Encode and Bitrate values for the link cable. OTT has some preset ones but I don't think they take into consideration the refresh rate, or any added supersampling.
As a rule of thumb though what would the proper settings be?
1:1(x2736) @ 90hz - 3960 @ 700

If not a list at least a guide to properly set your encode and bitrate..... This will obviously depend on your GPU and CPU but as a rule of thumb, you can tune your settings and resolution first based off your performance.. what to do with the link settings seems to be issue after.
Some people are running at 1.0 on 72hz and running a 3662 encode and 300 bit rate.. That doesn't seem necessary, and this is why it gets confusing. If you're not going to lose any quality in compression because of lower resolution output, setting the link quality too high can have a detrimental effect, same as using a high resolution output and not enough encode and bitrate values.

Associate
When i've tried them (Sanlaki Sleek Magnetic, 3Dadaptive Modus R, BowkVR Marksman) i'll post here what i think. From what i've seen in vids etc, scoping is considerably easier. In some of the vids they were sniping right across maps really steadily.

Have you managed to try them yet? I'm still on the lookout for one.

Associate
Have you managed to try them yet? I'm still on the lookout for one.
I have all 3 here now but have only tried 1 out as yet (i've mainly been playing hl2vr and fo4vr, can't use them in these). I tried the sanlaki sleek magnetic. It's not bad but there's a bit of occlusion where the gunstock covers the top of the right controller ring, it makes long distance scoping slightly inaccurate - your aiming may drift slightly. I will try out the other 2 soon and get back to you.

Edit: I've just tried the BowkVR playing Onward. It is really good, better than the Sanlaki. It requires 2 mins to assemble, it's very light and has no drift, long range sniping is pretty easy.
I haven't tried out the ModusR yet...i opened the box and it looked a bit complex to setup :D so i may just sell it as I'm already happy with the BowkVR.

ps when I ordered the BowkVR I ordered the version without the optional rifle butt, but then changed my mind so emailed them to request it, asking how I could pay the extra $20 it costs. James from BowkVR said don't worry about it he'll just add 1 to the existing order, so they saved me $20. Great customer service.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just bought Ancient Dungeon on Quest 2 and was surprised to get a referral link for 25% off that also gives me £4 credit if someone uses it.

It's a fantastic game, so feel free to buy at a discount and get me some Store credit. :D

www.oculus.com/appreferrals/
Ravenger/5138511912885491/?utm_source=3

Spitting this over 2 lines so it can't be grabbed automatically.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom