*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
I have all 3 here now but have only tried 1 out as yet (i've mainly been playing hl2vr and fo4vr, can't use them in these). I tried the sanlaki sleek magnetic. It's not bad but there's a bit of occlusion where the gunstock covers the top of the right controller ring, it makes long distance scoping slightly inaccurate - your aiming may drift slightly. I will try out the other 2 soon and get back to you.

Edit: I've just tried the BowkVR playing Onward. It is really good, better than the Sanlaki. It requires 2 mins to assemble, it's very light and has no drift, long range sniping is pretty easy.
I haven't tried out the ModusR yet...i opened the box and it looked a bit complex to setup :D so i may just sell it as I'm already happy with the BowkVR.

ps when I ordered the BowkVR I ordered the version without the optional rifle butt, but then changed my mind so emailed them to request it, asking how I could pay the extra $20 it costs. James from BowkVR said don't worry about it he'll just add 1 to the existing order, so they saved me $20. Great customer service.

Thanks for coming back on this, that's really to hear. It's mainly Pavlov that I'll be using it for, I tried Onward (standalone) version and found it difficult to see in the distance due to the resolution or something. Was going to get the PCVR version until I discovered they have dumbed it down.

I'll have a look at this BowkVR one. Cheers!

Associate
Thanks for coming back on this, that's really to hear. It's mainly Pavlov that I'll be using it for, I tried Onward (standalone) version and found it difficult to see in the distance due to the resolution or something. Was going to get the PCVR version until I discovered they have dumbed it down.

I'll have a look at this BowkVR one. Cheers!
yes Onward standalone is hard to see in the distance and yes it's due to the resolution. you can improve it a bit in sidequest, go into the tools menu bit and change texture resolution to something higher (iirc it defaults to about 1500, i set it to 2000 or 2500). in pcvr Onward version it's much easier to see in the distance but yes it's dumbed down in several ways compared to what it was a while ago on pcvr. you can access the older (better) version if you select version 1.7 in steam properties/beta tab. but the multiplayer is quiet in v.1.7.

just a note about BowkVR. this gunstock was made with Onward in mind (the BowkVR owner is a competitive Onward multiplayer player). i'm not sure how the gunstock fares in other fps shooters but i will probably (eventually) try it out in Contractors and Pavlov Shack (I don't have Pavlov pcvr).

You might have seen these already but here's some gunstock reviews for Quest 2:

Associate

Now I need to find a way to get out of the Mother-in-Law's 60th on Friday

Associate
yes Onward standalone is hard to see in the distance and yes it's due to the resolution. you can improve it a bit in sidequest, go into the tools menu bit and change texture resolution to something higher (iirc it defaults to about 1500, i set it to 2000 or 2500). in pcvr Onward version it's much easier to see in the distance but yes it's dumbed down in several ways compared to what it was a while ago on pcvr. you can access the older (better) version if you select version 1.7 in steam properties/beta tab. but the multiplayer is quiet in v.1.7.

just a note about BowkVR. this gunstock was made with Onward in mind (the BowkVR owner is a competitive Onward multiplayer player). i'm not sure how the gunstock fares in other fps shooters but i will probably (eventually) try it out in Contractors and Pavlov Shack (I don't have Pavlov pcvr).

You might have seen these already but here's some gunstock reviews for Quest 2:

After watching a YouTube on it I reckon it'll work fine with Pavlov, it's similar mechanics I believe. I think I'll definitely order one up.

Good to know that the PCVR version of Onward has better resolution. I thought that was dumbed down as well, so good to know.

Associate
Seems like my quest 2 updated its software these past few days and I am having this problem.

Normally as I play sitting down, I have disabled the Guardian in developer mode. Works good and seems right for me.

However, since it seems the Queat 2 has updated, I have the problem each time I start the Quest the GUI with apps on it etc seems to be in a position for someone who is standing up and can't be dragged down by bar at bottom that is more suitable for someone in a sitting position.

I have to enable and then disable the Guardian again to get that GUI in right position.

Clearing the Guardian cache doesn't help.

Any tips here, thanks a lot.
Joe

Soldato
Seems like my quest 2 updated its software these past few days and I am having this problem.

Normally as I play sitting down, I have disabled the Guardian in developer mode. Works good and seems right for me.

However, since it seems the Queat 2 has updated, I have the problem each time I start the Quest the GUI with apps on it etc seems to be in a position for someone who is standing up and can't be dragged down by bar at bottom that is more suitable for someone in a sitting position.

I have to enable and then disable the Guardian again to get that GUI in right position.

Clearing the Guardian cache doesn't help.

Any tips here, thanks a lot.
Joe

I've had a similar issue for the past several releases. Some of the problems were caused by me starting the headset up, then going upstairs with it and then putting it on, and I'm way above the dash app screen. Resetting the view can sometimes get me to the right height or a restart of the headset.

Last edited:
Soldato
With that referral link, plus some remaining store credit I got for referring another user to the Quest I got Bonelab for less than £15. Result!

I probably would have preferred the Steam version due to the Index finger tracking, but I'm not complaining for 50% off.

Soldato
Christ Bonelab is some overhyped rubbish! The physics and movement are terrible compared to games like the walking dead / Alyx. AI for the enemies is nonexistent too. How on earth does this game get hyped so much??

Associate
Christ Bonelab is some overhyped rubbish! The physics and movement are terrible compared to games like the walking dead / Alyx. AI for the enemies is nonexistent too. How on earth does this game get hyped so much??
Yeah after playing it all last night, going to need to wait for some decent mods like what Boneworks had. Would recommend the new Jules Verne 10,000 leagues under the sea DLC for Walkabout Mini Golf that released yesterday though!

Soldato
Watched the trailer for Bonelab. Don't think I'll be bothering as I imagine it will give me motion sickness anyway. Quite enjoying Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxies Edge at the moment. I'm not rushing it and haven't bought the expansion yet, but it's keeping me amused. Noticed the 10,000 leagues DLC earlier for Walkabout and will probably get it as I liked the Labyrinth one.

Last edited:
Underboss
Watched the trailer for Bonelab. Don't think I'll be bothering as I imagine it will give me motion sickness anyway. Quite enjoying Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxies Edge at the moment. I'm not rushing it and haven't bought the expansion yet, but it's keeping me amused. Noticed the 10,000 leagues DLC earlier for Walkabout and will probably get it as I liked the Labyrinth one.

if you havent got your full VR legs yet, dont do bonelab lol

Soldato

The expansion for Galaxy's Edge transforms it into an excellent game. Without it the game is a bit lacking.

Soldato
Yay! got V44 software. No more fannying around with connecting to a PC and using sidequest or running a batch file to get 1920x1080 recordings on the quest.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Soldato
Anyone have issues with the UI volume slider when headphones are plugged in?
My headphone volume doesnt adjust correctly and is really quiet when try to increase the volume via the UI even on max it's really low
Using the physical buttons and it works correctly by increasing the volume
This is since upgrading to v44, v43 was fine.
The UI volume slider works correctly without headphones plugged in

Soldato
Does anyone use the quest for just PC steam games?
I am looking at buying new VR setup after my Rift CV1 died.

But I only want it to play steam games on from my PC like H3VR, Blood trails, dead effect 2 and other shooters.
so I don't know if the best options is use the quest 2 with link cable or try over wireless?
My router next to my PC if that helps much.

I read compression and lag can be an issue?
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom