*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
that's just the WiFi6 COVID causing radiation the HMD is emitting :eek:
Lol,
In all seriousness tho,
When using link after about half hour started to get a smell of burning, a bit like oil smell as well, head set felt hot as well,
Just wondered if any one else might have smelt it on theirs
Probably going to have to look at sending it back,
Dont want it exploding on my face lol

Associate
As a test I've converted a 3D movie to a SBS LR (full) format mkv. I've named the file correctly, but it just will not show up in Oculus TV/My Media. No matter where I put the file. I originally placed it into the \Movies directory.

My mkv, according to MediaInfo is AVC, and using the MP4 codec. Width is 3840x1080

Any clues? What am I doing wrong?

I can play the movie in Pigasus, but I also want it to show in Oculus TV's My Media section

Soldato
Virtual Desktop also plays 3D SBS if you already have that app.

I use Skybox. That used to be free, but now it's £15 which is a bit expensive for just a movie player.

Associate
Lol,
In all seriousness tho,
When using link after about half hour started to get a smell of burning, a bit like oil smell as well, head set felt hot as well,
Just wondered if any one else might have smelt it on theirs
Probably going to have to look at sending it back,
Dont want it exploding on my face lol

could that be the usb cable? do you have it in a usb 3 port? are you using an adapter? apparently you shouldn't be using an adapter for it.

Associate
could that be the usb cable? do you have it in a usb 3 port? are you using an adapter? apparently you shouldn't be using an adapter for it.
yeah in the right port mate,
Was pusing it with gfx settings in game, seems ok now,
Contacted oculus support, they are going to get back to me

Soldato
The stock headset strap is truly awful. Mine keeps slipping down my face making the image blurry.

any ideas when the battey strap will be in stock?

I'm also getting a little bit annoyed with the godrays. I'm noticing them more and more.

Soldato
There have been some reports of Elite straps (both normal and battery) cracking. Not sure if this is due to how people are handling it or if it's a manufacturing issue. Handle those straps with care!

Soldato
Got my elite strap and tried it out just now. It is better, but I don't think its £50 better.

It does clamp the unit better to your face, and this has made the image a bit more consistent for me. On the original strap, I found some games better in IPD setting 1, and some better in setting 2. Now I can clamp the unit slightly better, setting 2 seems consistently better.

It doesn't change how heavy the unit feels at all I don't think. Plus the downside is you can no longer flip the unit up to your forehead or hold it up against your face loosely to check between PC screen and headset.

So all in, comfort wise 10-20% better. I would say this should be a £25 accessory.

Soldato
Got my elite strap and tried it out just now. It is better, but I don't think its £50 better.

It does clamp the unit better to your face, and this has made the image a bit more consistent for me. On the original strap, I found some games better in IPD setting 1, and some better in setting 2. Now I can clamp the unit slightly better, setting 2 seems consistently better.

It doesn't change how heavy the unit feels at all I don't think. Plus the downside is you can no longer flip the unit up to your forehead or hold it up against your face loosely to check between PC screen and headset.

So all in, comfort wise 10-20% better. I would say this should be a £25 accessory.

Surely it's better in the fact you can clamp it tighter so it doesn't move? The biggest issue I have at the minute, especially in beat sabre, is the headset will slide up and down a little...and as we all know, a little movement means the difference between a sharp picture and a fuzzy one.

My headset always feels far too loose on my head/face.

I do agree on the pricing though. £50 for a bit of plastic!

Back
Top Bottom