*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
My Quest 2, Elite Strap and Link Cable arrived tonight.... nearly 8pm. Just had a quick setup to install some games I bought when I had the original Quest 4 months ago or so, initial impressions were not great.

The initial screen being black with the white oculus logo was a huge introduction to the grey blacks compared to the oled screen, I got over it once we moved to the Home Screen though.

I also couldn’t help noticing the edge of the screen with my right eye, not sure if this is normal, I’m using the widest IPD spacing and it was pretty irritating seeing it there on the right constantly.

Off hiking tomorrow but will get a proper session tomorrow afternoon / evening, looking forward to playing Alyx at 90hz and higher res. Are any native Quest games running at 90hz yet?

First impressions are it's not too bad. Not quite as interactive as I would like but it looks quite nice. Many objects have no real presence within the world. You cant really touch the NPCs in an inappropriate manner and have them react which is a shame.

Unfortunately Alyx has spoilt my appreciation for any other VR titles of this type. None seem to compare and I end up mostly playing Dirt Rally 2 or Half Life Alyx. On my 2nd play through after completing it when it first came out but using my old CV1.

Associate
I also couldn’t help noticing the edge of the screen with my right eye, not sure if this is normal, I’m using the widest IPD spacing and it was pretty irritating seeing it there on the right constantly.

Al least you are only seeing the edge on one eye, I see it in both eyes :(

Associate
Wait? Yours says 80.77gb? Mine says it's 130gb! Asgards Wrath right?

mine is showing as 80.77.

Thinking download and install was completed, I decided to Remote Desktop into my laptop to do something else and that just crashed my the oculus app and the download had to start again.
Is there anyway of making sure Remote Desktop does not kill the oculus app?, TeamViewer works but I prefer ms RDP

Soldato
Has the free game offer ended?

No. It's on until the end of December, IIRC.

If you bought the headset before the 20th Nov then you need to create a support ticket with your serial number, Oculus username, and a copy of your receipt. Someone from support will add the game to your account.

Soldato
No. It's on until the end of December, IIRC.

If you bought the headset before the 20th Nov then you need to create a support ticket with your serial number, Oculus username, and a copy of your receipt. Someone from support will add the game to your account.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom