*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Oh deep joy! sidequest is no longer able to connect to my Q2. I've reinstalled sidequest, enabled the connection to the PC, have a developer account, reset the Q2 and gone through the 9 things that the internet says will cure this issue. I haven't used sidequest for a long while, so could someone confirm that it's working with the latest headset updates?

Soldato
have you re authorised your developer account? i cant remember exact details but i had an email from oculus telling me i had to jump through a couple of new hoops by the 15th of october i think it was or i would lose my developer status.... involved sharing details with facebook account or adding bank details to facebook. The official stance has been in place for some time (a year) however i think it is only now it is being enforced.

this is from memory it may not be 100%

Edit from the email which i got 3 days ago.... so according to that not in effect for another couple of days.

As of October 2020, all developers are required to verify developer accounts as part of our ongoing effort to provide a secure platform. Developer accounts not verified by October 21, 2021 will lose access to Developer Mode. Developer verification applies to all new and existing individual developer accounts.
To verify your developer account:
1. Go to https://developer.oculus.com/manage/verify
a. If prompted, login with your Oculus Developer account
2. Verify your account with one of the two following options:
a. Confirm your mobile number via SMS two-factor verification
OR
b. Add a payment method to your account
More information about Developer Verification can be found in our faq

Last edited:
Soldato
have you re authorised your developer account? i cant remember exact details but i had an email from oculus telling me i had to jump through a couple of new hoops by the 15th of october i think it was or i would lose my developer status.... involved sharing details with facebook account or adding bank details to facebook. The official stance has been in place for some time (a year) however i think it is only now it is being enforced.

this is from memory it may not be 100%

Edit from the email which i got 3 days ago.... so according to that not in effect for another couple of days.

As of October 2020, all developers are required to verify developer accounts as part of our ongoing effort to provide a secure platform. Developer accounts not verified by October 21, 2021 will lose access to Developer Mode. Developer verification applies to all new and existing individual developer accounts.
To verify your developer account:
1. Go to https://developer.oculus.com/manage/verify
a. If prompted, login with your Oculus Developer account
2. Verify your account with one of the two following options:
a. Confirm your mobile number via SMS two-factor verification
OR
b. Add a payment method to your account
More information about Developer Verification can be found in our faq

Exactly how much are burner phones in the UK.

Yes, I saw that email too. I still have all the developer features on the Q2 even after I did a factory reset yesterday. I'll give the verification thing a go and see if that sorts the issue.

Soldato
After contacting Ivy at oculus support, my dev account details were reset as I was unable to log in... even though the details are the same as my main oculus/facebook account which I could log into. After that I was able to add another phone number (the same number) to re-verify my account again. Another factory reset
computerrepair.gif
of the Q2, removed and reinstalled the mobile app, reenabled the dev account on the mobile app, reinstalled sidequest, and hello sidequest connectability
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Simples
50743172871_081c5c38ae_o_d.gif

Soldato
Turned my quest 2 on earlier and got a horrible buzzing sound from the fan when moving my head left and right. Turned it off and same thing when switching back on. Tried this a few times and same problem.
I then tapped the headset on the side as if to turn on passthrough and after a couple of taps the sound stopped and has been fine for a few hours.
Would you return it? Or see how it goes?
I got it from the catalog shop and have 2 months left until it reaches 12 months old

Mines the 64gb model which they don't sell now so don't know how I will go on trying to get a replacement

Underboss
Turned my quest 2 on earlier and got a horrible buzzing sound from the fan when moving my head left and right. Turned it off and same thing when switching back on. Tried this a few times and same problem.
I then tapped the headset on the side as if to turn on passthrough and after a couple of taps the sound stopped and has been fine for a few hours.
Would you return it? Or see how it goes?
I got it from the catalog shop and have 2 months left until it reaches 12 months old

Mines the 64gb model which they don't sell now so don't know how I will go on trying to get a replacement

if its still in warranty, i would return it , take the advantage, get a new one

just tell them its making a horrible buzzing noise now

Back
Top Bottom