*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Anyone had to replace a controller ? my right one stopped working earlier :/ tried new batteries and foil trick - no go ,just waiting on Oculus to get back to me now .

Associate
Hi again folks,

Well got the Oculus quest 2 128gb on Monday from Argos (£354 which includes a four year unlimited repair accidental damage insurance) Thanks to all on forum who advised me that now is as good a time as any to buy.

I love the VR experience and have been Using Sidequest to do some sideloading as well, so far so good, have got my head around it I think.

There is one little thing that I wish could be improved in future VR headsets and thats the field of view, does at times seem like I am looking through binoculars, but I understand most headsets have this problem if you want to call it that.

Do you think this will be overcome in near future, as it seems it may be a difficult one to solve.
Thanks a lot,
Joe

Soldato
Hi again folks,

Well got the Oculus quest 2 128gb on Monday from Argos (£354 which includes a four year unlimited repair accidental damage insurance) Thanks to all on forum who advised me that now is as good a time as any to buy.

I love the VR experience and have been Using Sidequest to do some sideloading as well, so far so good, have got my head around it I think.

There is one little thing that I wish could be improved in future VR headsets and thats the field of view, does at times seem like I am looking through binoculars, but I understand most headsets have this problem if you want to call it that.

Do you think this will be overcome in near future, as it seems it may be a difficult one to solve.
Thanks a lot,
Joe

It's probably the biggest thing that a lot of people want to improve.

Few things though, 1. It's a lot of money to get a significant upgrade on FOV. 2. Bigger FOV needs even more pixels to drive it whilst still having a good resolution. 3. Narrow FOV helps with motion sickness, which is a big deal when you're trying to mass market something to the general public.

I do hope they increase it for q3 though!

Associate
Any hints please on how I can get Air Link to work? Virtual Desktop works ok but I have a few problems getting Flight Simulator to display a picture on the headset even though the monitor shows the side-by-side VR view on the monitor. Air Link won't even work with the default home screen. There is a 1-2 second delay before the picture starts to move after you move your head and then there are big black parallelograms displayed at the sides with streaks of colour disappearing in to the distance. I did pop up the debug HUD but that wasn't showing any significant dropped frames.

Both VD and AL are using the same dedicated 5Ghz WiFi network with the computer connected to the router using an Ethernet cable.

Associate
No Windows 10. Been playing again most of the day and somethings changed as for the moment it's working! I did run the TrayTool and changed some Link settings but the app claims they are only for the cable. Go figure....

Soldato
Went to play Walkabout mini golf with my wife today, and it seems like the latest firmware now prevents you from playing two copies of the same game on different quests at the same time. :mad:

This seems to be a general issue, and affects all games. Oculus claim there's a bug, but it may be a deliberate policy now to stop app sharing of MP games, which has been a great featujre of the Quest 2 for a long time.

Soldato
Went to play Walkabout mini golf with my wife today, and it seems like the latest firmware now prevents you from playing two copies of the same game on different quests at the same time. :mad:

This seems to be a general issue, and affects all games. Oculus claim there's a bug, but it may be a deliberate policy now to stop app sharing of MP games, which has been a great featujre of the Quest 2 for a long time.

Turn off app sharing. Delete the extra profile. Restart headset. Enable app sharing, add the account again and try again.

Just got a second headset and ran into this exact issue. Followed the above (fairly sure that was the order) and was able to play together.

Soldato
I had no idea that was even possible, does it work either way, or does one profile have to be the secondary on each device?

The account that owns the games needs to be the primary account. So my account is the primary on both headsets. I've then added my wifes facebook account to the second one as a secondary account, and shared the games. Not all games allow app sharing, but a hell of a lot do.

Back
Top Bottom