*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Hi folks,

Just wondering why there is no music in the 80's 90's and a few other channels on my oculus quest 2 tv app, is it a regional thing or what as videos play ok?

On a lighter note my avatar seems to have changed sex...lol how do I go about fixing that as well.

Thanks
Joe

Hi Joe,

I have never used the TV app, so can't help you there.

As for the Avatar, you should be able to change your Avatar by going into the navigation menu and selecting edit Avatar. I don't think you can select male or female though. Can't remember exactly, but I don't think they have any genders?

Soldato
My replacement head strap just arrived... along with a new carry case!

So now I have two cases.

I'm going to try to repair the old strap and if that works I might get another Quest 2 for local MP, and sell or pass on my Quest 1.

Soldato
they gave you a free case? that's :cool:

hope the new strap holds up better for you

Thanks!
It's obvious the strap is from a newer batch. There are more manufacturer markings on the brackets, and the battery lead feels softer and smoother.

Also the new case has a couple of differences. The zip pull is much more robust, and there are markings in the controller holder to show which way round the controllers go.

If I can I'd rather save my money for Project Cambria if that's 100% Quest compatible. I've got a feeling that's going to be stupidly expensive though.

Soldato
yeah, cumbria is going to around 1K mark and designed for business users

Intended for business use, but likely also a very nice high-end gaming headset too due to the displays.

I could conceivably sell my Index if Cambria is good enough. The main issue is the link quality vs the Index display port. You'd hope Cambria would have a display port connection.

Soldato
Index 2 would be great - if I could have an Index with wireless and higher resolution then I'd go for that. Unfortunately it's radio silence from Valve about an Index 2.

Soldato
It does connect with my Windows 11 but it stutters a great deal..

Yeah, stuttering is the main problem with Airlink and windows 11. But, some people don't have any issues at all, for others it won't connect at all. And it doesn't seem to make a difference what router is been used.

Soldato
My replacement head strap just arrived... along with a new carry case!

So now I have two cases.

I'm going to try to repair the old strap and if that works I might get another Quest 2 for local MP, and sell or pass on my Quest 1.

Your run of luck continues!! First in Walkabout Golf and now with your RMA. :p

Always nice to get something for nothing from these big companies.

Caporegime
Is there another way to get recordings off the device without posting on your Facebook? I'm sure I could plug it into my PC, but wondered if there is a more lazy solution.

Soldato
The quest 2 has been out for quite a while now and I'm toying with the idea of buying one for a bit of vr gaming. I'm looking at getting some games with good replayability value.

Have they shaped up to be a good bit of kit?

Back
Top Bottom