Oculus Quest 2 Pro / Oculus Quest 3 Thread

using the same silly strap again :/

I switched back to the stock strap a few weeks ago because I was showing the headset to a few different people. It's actually better than I remembered. The only real problem is the lack of a counter weight. The Elite strap without the battery and every other after market strap without a counter weight have the same issue as the stock strap. After a while they get very uncomfortable because of how front heavy the headset is. Since I changed to the stock strap, I have been using a counter weight and it's been fine even with long gaming sessions.

Since the Quest 3 is going to be way lighter than the Quest 2, I think the stock strap, even without a counter weight, will probably be fine.

Looks good. As it can use the Pro controllers it seems that it's still using optical tracking for its controllers.

I switched back to the stock strap a few weeks ago because I was showing the headset to a few different people. It's actually better than I remembered. The only real problem is the lack of a counter weight. The Elite strap without the battery and every other after market strap without a counter weight have the same issue as the stock strap. After a while they get very uncomfortable because of how front heavy the headset is. Since I changed to the stock strap, I have been using a counter weight and it's been fine even with long gaming sessions.

Since the Quest 3 is going to be way lighter than the Quest 2, I think the stock strap, even without a counter weight, will probably be fine.
I've got a cheap skullcap attachment on the back along with the powerbank, really like the original strap now.

Don't think the quest 3 is much lighter, but as it's more compact there'll be less leverage, do it'll feel better.

Do we have some actual specs?

From £499 though on the Meta Quest website. Ouch. Thought there was talk it would be cheaper than the Quest 2 haha

Nope..... for the price this is not enough of an upgrade. The metaverse is not where I want to be. Clear passthrough and social features are things I wouldn't use and would probably end up as a facebook addon.
Crystal clear panels and a wide fov will get my money next.

I'm buying it 100% i'm really looking forward to it, i have no hmd for room scale games at present having sold my Q2 a month or 2 ago in preparation for buying a Q3. I got iirc £250 for my Q2 meaning in effect the Q3 will cost me £150. I can't see it not being a substantial improvement over a Q2 tbh (and imo the Q2 is/was excellent).

Will there be any improvements to PC connection in terms of compression or work the same? Also the new lenses and bit higher resolution would probably make more difference than you'd think possibly?

Its
Will there be any improvements to PC connection in terms of compression or work the same? Also the new lenses and bit higher resolution would probably make more difference than you'd think possibly?

It's possible that the Q3 will support AV1 encoding and the latest WiFi specs.

The Pro was hugely clearer than the resolution specs suggested due to the lenses and optical stack. I would hope the Q3 is as good or better, though it probably won't have the MiniLED displays of the Pro.

I'm buying it 100% i'm really looking forward to it, i have no hmd for room scale games at present having sold my Q2 a month or 2 ago in preparation for buying a Q3. I got iirc £250 for my Q2 meaning in effect the Q3 will cost me £150. I can't see it not being a substantial improvement over a Q2 tbh (and imo the Q2 is/was excellent).
The q3 will be 500 not 400, so will cost you 250

Last edited:
What concerns me re higher resolution though is the PC has to then be able to drive it. Its a struggle now where only a 4090 can really drive the Q2 to its upper limits.

Back
Top Bottom