Oculus Quest 2 Pro / Oculus Quest 3 Thread

Soldato

It actually is going to be called Quest Pro.

Underboss
OP

It actually is going to be called Quest Pro.

Just like in my 1st post :)

Well actually, why call it quest pro, when it's not the quest 1..

Soldato
Soldato
Will be interesting to see the price. Unfortunately it's unlikely I will be able to afford it now, especially as energy prices and inflation are going bonkers.

Soldato
I'm curious to see how it turns out but personally I'm saving my cash for the PSVR 2 headset unless it's a truly spectacular upgrade over Quest 2!

Soldato
Too expensive for the niche VR stuff I do, so I'm out. It seems strange that they're pushing face tracking as a thing when a wider FOV would be further up most folks' wish list.
As for data mining, the next step will be hidden sensors in the headstrap to see what you're thinking.
50743141726_ec3ab89e9b_o_d.gif

Soldato
Too expensive for the niche VR stuff I do, so I'm out. It seems strange that they're pushing face tracking as a thing when a wider FOV would be further up most folks' wish list.
As for data mining, the next step will be hidden sensors in the headstrap to see what you're thinking.
50743141726_ec3ab89e9b_o_d.gif

This isn't going to be sold to most folks anyway.

Meta have already said that the FOV probably won't grow much horizontally, partially because it can cause greater nausea. They are thinking about increasing vertical FOV though, to give a great sense of standing on a precipice etc.

Soldato
This isn't going to be sold to most folks anyway.

Meta have already said that the FOV probably won't grow much horizontally, partially because it can cause greater nausea. They are thinking about increasing vertical FOV though, to give a great sense of standing on a precipice etc.

As an Index owner I can say that a bigger vertical FOV makes a huge difference, especially in combat flight and space sims where you're chasing an enemy.

Back
Top Bottom