Oculus Rift

Soldato
I fixed it, by buying an Inatek USB 3.0 card, and disabling USB 3.1 in the bios.. I'll never ever plug anything into those cyan ports again.. Anyway every user exhibited the same symptom in that the OS took a huge dump and none of them were able to recover in safe mode or using tools such as sfc or bootrec. So be careful in what you plug your Rift sensor or headset into !

Working great now tho ! The normal USB 3.0 blue ports on the Asus boards seem to be ok, just that the o/s self detonates when you use the 3.1 cyan ones !

What drivers are you using for the Inatek card?

I'm using the Win10 drivers and am fed up of getting the "USB drivers are not up to date error", but the Inatek site says that the Win10 drivers are the best ones to use?

I know it doesn't matter as the rift works fine, but still.

Last edited:
Associate

I'm using the Win10 drivers and am fed up of getting the "USB drivers are not up to date error", but the Inatek site says that the Win10 drivers are the best ones to use?

I used the Win10 drivers for a while and got no errors about not being up to date. I was getting hardware disconnections though so installed the 3.6.9.0a drivers. Oculus has updated to 1.12 now so maybe that's made things better whatever the driver.

Soldato
I just downloaded the ones from the inatek site. Didn't use the windows one. I'm using my asus ports for the oculus and the inatek for mouse, KB, controller and my Acers XB270hu's USB 3.0 hub at the side of the screen.

Soldato
Today is a good day !!! Just dropped the price of Oculus Rift to $600 inc touch controllers ! So i'll be getting $200 back as Best Buy price matches as long as you're in the return period (which i am) Then Robo Recall is handed out for free for Touch owners ! me !! :D AND to top it all off, Oculus Rift have just sent me a $50 store credit, as they've just dropped their price and its a little sorry. So today Oculus Rift has just saved me $300 ! sweet. To think all the free stuff i've got. Had i picked up the PSVR every VR experience would be costing me a full price game !

Soldato
Tempted by this price. Would it be worth it with a 980ti?

Yeah 980Ti works fine... I have 2 x 980Ti and a 6700k, SLI just flat out doesn't work in most VR games so I'm only ever really running on one. You can normally run a little supersampling and high settings on most games. Robo recall for example I'm running at high in all the settings and with 1.5x super sampling, so far it's been very smooth.

Latest update 1.12 is very good if you are running multiple cameras btw guys. Tracking is pretty much flawless as far as I can tell.

Soldato
Got the touch controllers up and running today, Robo Recall is pretty good although touch does require a lot more space :D

What are people using to store their controllers when not in use?

Back
Top Bottom