Oculus Rift

Surfer check your cpu load mate..... Bet it lacking.

And when I was saying that 5ghz sandy is barely able to play games in 3D no one believed me :]

Order status is currently on:

Your order is awaiting inventory before it can be fulfilled. We will notify you when it's about to be shipped.

Not sure if it's wishful thinking that this means that it's at the euro distributors or if it's still stateside!

As it's been a while since I used the PC for games I'm currently speccing up some new kit, what gpu's have people got the OR running on?

Oculus rift FAQ

Recommended specifications: A desktop computer running a dedicated graphics card with DVI-D or HDMI graphics output, with capability of running current generation 3D games at 1080p resolution at 75fps or higher.

So a 290x or 780ti minimum.

My GTX670 SLI setup I can match & better FPS of 780ti so I'm hoping they should cut it. I can maintain 87fps Crysis 3 max 1080p, 60fps 1440. However I guess many games (DK2 released games at least) will not support SLI so you can chop that FPS in half

edit -Just found this site. http://www.octopusrift.com/pc-for-the-oculus-rift/

The 770 will run it like a bag of spoons

Last edited:
Oculus rift FAQ

So a 290x or 780ti minimum.

My GTX670 SLI setup I can match & better FPS of 780ti so I'm hoping they should cut it. I can maintain 87fps Crysis 3 max 1080p, 60fps 1440. However I guess many games (DK2 released games at least) will not support SLI so you can chop that FPS in half

edit -Just found this site. http://www.octopusrift.com/pc-for-the-oculus-rift/

The 770 will run it like a bag of spoons

hrmm thats interesting :D i have most of that recommended setup...

So you reckon a 290x minimum? what about crossfire? (e.g. 2 280x in crossfire as i have 1 280x already)
In any case i imagine will have to upgrade my 550w psu for either option

I would get the fastest graphics card you can afford right now. Having said that I'm running on a 670 GTX with an older i5 2500k and it's mostly fine.

On a different matter, have any DK2 owners experience stuttering/juddering sometimes when rotating your head? I get this in direct-to-rift mode even in the desk demo. This doesn't appear to be FPS or performance related, but seems to be an issue with the positional tracking, probably because I've placed the camera too high...

hrmm thats interesting :D i have most of that recommended setup...

So you reckon a 290x minimum? what about crossfire? (e.g. 2 280x in crossfire as i have 1 280x already)
In any case i imagine will have to upgrade my 550w psu for either option

Best single card as you can. It depends if SLI / Crossfire is supported in the tech demos - obviously its supported in (most) existing games so all is good

Just checked my order :D:D:D

PROCESSING:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.

I would get the fastest graphics card you can afford right now. Having said that I'm running on a 670 GTX with an older i5 2500k and it's mostly fine.

On a different matter, have any DK2 owners experience stuttering/juddering sometimes when rotating your head? I get this in direct-to-rift mode even in the desk demo. This doesn't appear to be FPS or performance related, but seems to be an issue with the positional tracking, probably because I've placed the camera too high...

Yes, its an oculus driver issue so despite all the advice to the contrary on the forums Frontier have come out and said its not getting fixed until a new runtime and patch are issued.

When is the consumer version estimated to be out?

I think its a long way off mate tbh, maybe back end of next year at a guess??

According to the Oculus forums if you ordered before March 22 06:14 you should check your order details as it should have changed!

It still estimates a September delivery for new orders. Don't see how that's gonna be possible.

I ordered in June and I doubt I'll get mine in September at this rate

It still estimates a September delivery for new orders. Don't see how that's gonna be possible.

I ordered in June and I doubt I'll get mine in September at this rate

Depends, if, as I would assume, a large chunk of the current orders were made in the first couple of days they should start to get through the later orders relatively quickly once they get past the initial spike...That's what I'm hoping for anyway. :)

Yes, its an oculus driver issue so despite all the advice to the contrary on the forums Frontier have come out and said its not getting fixed until a new runtime and patch are issued.

Ah, managed to fix the main judder in the Room Demo and other unity demos by unplugging my second monitor. Haven't tested ED yet.

Last edited:
im so tempted ! so many games im seeing in the options now support VR. its only like 200 quid, if the c version isnt out for another years, whats 200 quid over 12 months. itl be cool to compare them too. does anyone know how much it ocst them in total after all the taxes ?

Back
Top Bottom