Oculus Rift

im so tempted ! so many games im seeing in the options now support VR. its only like 200 quid, if the c version isnt out for another years, whats 200 quid over 12 months. itl be cool to compare them too. does anyone know how much it ocst them in total after all the taxes ?

it's about £270-280 by the way, but still decent value if cs isn't out for another year.

*edit*
Beaten. Didn't refresh.

Hi guys,

Do you happen to know if there is a way to test the new model for free in London?

I'm quite curious about this device, would be using it for the first time..

Items:
Development Kit 2 ($350.00) x 1 = $350.00

Shipping: $35.00 USD
Tax: $77.00 USD
Order Total: $462.00 USD

£274

$50/£30 paid as deposit. The rest (£244) in September when mine is supposed to ship

Items:
Development Kit 2 ($350.00) x 1 = $350.00

Shipping: $35.00 USD
Tax: $77.00 USD
Order Total: $462.00 USD

£274

$50/£30 paid as deposit. The rest (£244) in September when mine is supposed to ship

At that price... I'm happy to wait.

Add to that, I'm very worried what will happen every time you want to do something like use the keyboard :confused:

hmm, is it hard to use with controllers and keyboards ? as far as id imagine, it works with positional trackin in that, when you turn your head, so does the curser. so do you just look in the direction of a target ? id be able to get used to not looking at controller anyway as im boss on it, could work it blindfolded, but keyboard is a different story.

hmm, is it hard to use with controllers and keyboards ? as far as id imagine, it works with positional trackin in that, when you turn your head, so does the curser. so do you just look in the direction of a target ? id be able to get used to not looking at controller anyway as im boss on it, could work it blindfolded, but keyboard is a different story.

Consider want to use the galaxy map and want to type in "LPV 54-B".

How good is your touch typing? ;)

Or a lot of the time in starport service I'm using the mouse. Each time you go to use it, from my understanding you're basically trying to find your mouse blind. And then you're using it on a mouse mat you can't see, on a desk you can't see?

Consider want to use the galaxy map and want to type in "LPV 54-B".

How good is your touch typing? ;)

Or a lot of the time in starport service I'm using the mouse. Each time you go to use it, from my understanding you're basically trying to find your mouse blind. And then you're using it on a mouse mat you can't see, on a desk you can't see?

sounds like they need some more R&D, mount a camera to the front of it which you can do picture in picture with at the touch of a button on the side of the headset ;) can see then :)

sounds like they need some more R&D, mount a camera to the front of it which you can do picture in picture with at the touch of a button on the side of the headset ;) can see then :)

I might of coure be completely wrong never having used one? Need an owner to comment.

Hey, surprised to not see much discussion about what level of graphics card performance is recommended. I know it's a bit early for this regarding DK2 but the Oculus site is bit vague (and I'm a couple of years out of the loop :) ).

It's for a work computer built from a OCUK bundle based around the i5 4670 @3.4GHz. We didn't have a need for 3D performance at the time so it only has the Geforce GT 610 which struggles even with Dreadhalls running without any Rift connected.

What would people recommend as a base level card for "75fps gaming at 1080p"? Bear in mind, we'd prefer a quiet card, and Rift performance at 1080p is the peak of what will be asked of it.

I realise this might be suited to the Hardware forum, but most of the Rift users seem to be here ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
One of the biggest deterrents was the steep requirements. Many users on the official forum recommend a GTX 780 or above to achieve a satisfactory experience, and even then it's not guaranteed with more demanding titles. How they expect the consumer version to run on modest systems is beyond me, especially if it utilises a significantly higher resolution. I was thinking of spending the money on a PS4. At least Project Morpheus will be properly optimised.

It won't be main stream for many years, it's for extreme gamers. And people always say you need high end stuff, just turn settings down a bit.

I might of coure be completely wrong never having used one? Need an owner to comment.

Voice attack for any key commands, mouse is really very easy to use if you position it logically to the right of the JS or have an analogue on your throttle (x52). If you absolutely need to use the keyboard you can actually see out of the slots in the bottom of the rift.

Oculus are apparently developing a controller but right now im not finding flight sims any prob at all. Im curious about how FP games are going to work though, apparently TF2 is where its at.

Can't wait for like 7th gen, when your controllers and hands/arms are feed into the display from a camera. Could even prettify them, as long as placement and dimensions are the same.

Back
Top Bottom