OCZ VERTEX 2E FIRMWARE 1.28 + GUIDE

updated to 1.32/1.33 from 1.11 and my Hard disk WEI score went up from 7.7 to 7.8

guess they were right about the performance increase

updated to 1.32/1.33 from 1.11 and my Hard disk WEI score went up from 7.7 to 7.8

guess they were right about the performance increase

Not sure how "reliable" the WEI is in judging performance to be honest. Mine can show either 7.7/7.8 or even 7.9 if I run it.

I doubt that any speed increases would be noticeable in the real world.

Only my personal opinion of course.

I still think these are cracking drives though.

I am on 1.29, i tried finding ahci mode when i got it but couldn't see it in bios, is it still true you have to have it enabled to update?

My motherboard is an asus p5kpl-am se, i searched but couldn't find much info on whether it has the option or not but it looks unlikely, what are my options?

Same issue i used to have. Your only option is to take it out and update on a board with ahci enabled. Some say that you can pull the power when you see the penquin when you load parted magic, this disables the AHCI check and may work.

What i did was insert the drive into my dads machine and update. A huge hassle i know.

Just bought myself the OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 this weekend.

This is the ATTO bench for it using AHCI and drive is opearting system c: running windows 7 64 ultimate.

Drive running on MSI P67A-GD65 /w i2500k @ 3.8Ghz. SATA port 1 which is the P67A 6GB port (NOT THE MARVELL 6GB port)

oczvertex3.jpg

My advice is that if your drive is running fine, then don't bother updating the firmware. always that chance of a FUBAR incident. A fair few already reported on OCZ's forums! Fair enough if you are experiencing "issues" but there does seem to be a lot of folks these days that just install the latest firmware because "hey it's the latest". Only my personal opinion here, not look for an argument :):):)

Up to individuals obviously.

PS. I'm on 1.33 and all appears fine, so I have no intention of moving to 1.35 at the moment.

On 1.11? - tbh seems fine to me, nice and quick with no issues in 12 months.

Tend to agree. If no issues and working fine, then leave firmware well alone. As far as I'm concerned, same with the motherboard BIOS (IE. if no issues, leave alone).

Though I do understand folks that must have the latest & greatest etc.

Pretty much up to individuals really I suppose.

Though my favourite phrase is still "if it aint broke, then don't try to fix it".

:):):)

Back
Top Bottom