OCZ VERTEX 2E FIRMWARE 1.28 + GUIDE

Associate
Sorry to hijack slightly. I have not updated firmware since i got my drive almost 1year ago. I have read most of the thread but it doesnt say much about firmware prior to 1.24.

Should i at least update to 1.24? What benefit will i see? Sorry for any lack of understanding i show.
Appreciate any help.

Associate
Fingers crossed you get it sorted, could you try the drive on another machine perhaps?

Hi Bunyan,

I have found that my SSD was frozen and was showing firmware 1.12 when the actual firmware was 1.24. Also erase option wasn't working correctly. I looked at the error message and it said use another sata port, so I fixed this issue by connecting my SSD to sata_0

Now I have another problem. I can't get the Internet working within Partionmagic via Ethernet nor wireless. I am using D-Link DWA-111

Any ideas on how to get this working ?

Bashy

Associate
OP
Sorry to hijack slightly. I have not updated firmware since i got my drive almost 1year ago. I have read most of the thread but it doesnt say much about firmware prior to 1.24.

Should i at least update to 1.24? What benefit will i see? Sorry for any lack of understanding i show.
Appreciate any help.

1.32 is the latest firmware available and hosts a number of changes that are beneficial, some even state of performance improvements. Just follow the guide on this thread and you will be fine.

Don't worry about getting the latest firmware, the updating tool within any Linux OS (Parted Magic being used in example) will get the latest file.

Hi Bunyan,

I have found that my SSD was frozen and was showing firmware 1.12 when the actual firmware was 1.24. Also erase option wasn't working correctly. I looked at the error message and it said use another sata port, so I fixed this issue by connecting my SSD to sata_0

Now I have another problem. I can't get the Internet working within Partionmagic via Ethernet nor wireless. I am using D-Link DWA-111

Any ideas on how to get this working ?

Bashy

Try using Ubuntu or any other Linux distribution using a Live CD and see if it accepts your ethernet connection, you may need to manually configure the NIC adapter.

Permabanned
I've only just done the upgrade to 1.29 and now there is 1.32! Whats really anyoing is i can not do it on the drive under windows. I have to use a different drive and the SSD as a 2nd drive. Not everyone has that option and i use the SSD in a laptop which is single drive only!

Soldato
I've only just done the upgrade to 1.29 and now there is 1.32! Whats really anyoing is i can not do it on the drive under windows. I have to use a different drive and the SSD as a 2nd drive. Not everyone has that option and i use the SSD in a laptop which is single drive only!

1.29 wasn't a major update as such but 1.32 has quite a lot of fixes and enhancements so it's worth doing.

Permabanned
1.29 wasn't a major update as such but 1.32 has quite a lot of fixes and enhancements so it's worth doing.

Just effort to pull everything for 2 different systems to do it! OCZ should make it so we can do it on the drive were running as we once could or a boot option via USB as writing new discs everytime take the well yeah!

I shall go and sort it now

Associate
OP
Updating or using Secure Erase has to be done within a suitable SATA controller, enabled with ACHI. If it were installed into a macbook which allows AHCI, then boot into a live cd and it will work just fine. :)

Associate
Hi Bunyan.

I tried wth ubuntu and I was getting the same error, as the drive was frozen, I tried all the tricks that I tried when I was using Partition Magic.

So for my final try I went bac to Partition Magic and the drive was not frozen and the internet was working on ethernet. So I am finally happy and updated the firmware to 1.32

I would like to thank you so much for your patients and help. You are a BIG STAR.

Bashy

Associate
OP
Hi Bunyan.

I tried wth ubuntu and I was getting the same error, as the drive was frozen, I tried all the tricks that I tried when I was using Partition Magic.

So for my final try I went bac to Partition Magic and the drive was not frozen and the internet was working on ethernet. So I am finally happy and updated the firmware to 1.32

I would like to thank you so much for your patients and help. You are a BIG STAR.

Bashy

Glad it worked good sir!! Enjoy your newly updated solid state drive :D

Associate
Okay, so AHCI is a requirement, but I'm guessing if I use my laptop's eSATA port to update the drive then that should work?

I'm not sure how I can work out if the eSATA port is AHCI compatible...

Back
Top Bottom