OCZ VERTEX 2E FIRMWARE 1.28 + GUIDE

Associate
Total waste of time.

As stated above. 1.24 is a VERY minor (and RARE) bug fix. And 1.25 - 1.28 are only aimed at the new drives with the faster NAND.

To be totally honest... I would NEVER upgrade the firmware in any device unless there was a bug fix for something that was personally giving me a problem, or it gave me some tangible improvement (EG. in the case of SSD's... improvement in TRIM processing, or speed improvement/s etc.). If only because there is "always" the chance that you could brick your device!!!

had a feeling that may be the case, thanks mate :)

Soldato
Total waste of time.

As stated above. 1.24 is a VERY minor (and RARE) bug fix. And 1.25 - 1.28 are only aimed at the new drives with the faster NAND.
Actually OCZ have stated that the newer revisions with 25 nm NAND are very slightly slower than the older revisions with 34 nm NAND.

Newer drives with 25 nm NAND are also actually 115 GB (107 GiB) rather than 120 GB (111 GiB), according to OCZ.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
there is a point, the toolbox causes a bluescreen in 99% cases and you can sometime lose the drive from BIOS which the only fix is to switch machine off for 5mins and turn back on. This is a lot more safe.

I have this problem. About 5% of the time I lose my vertex 2e from the bios. Can you give me more info on this, some references to possible fixes would be nice.

From reading the rest of this thread I get the impression that the 1.28 update does not solve this. I have version 1.24 at the moment

Soldato
Not being rude. But why? as there's already a comprehensive guide on the OCZ forums. I just can't see the point personally in just cut & pasting someone else guide here!

As already posted: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/f...ootable-CD-USB-Linux..-Point-and-Click-Method

at least just posting a link gives the original author some credit for their work!

my 60gb vertex 2e firmware 1.11 is refusing to reinstall W7 - (CORRUPTs install halfway)

will the guide above return my ssd to its original factory state and cure the problem?

Soldato
I have this problem. About 5% of the time I lose my vertex 2e from the bios. Can you give me more info on this, some references to possible fixes would be nice.

From reading the rest of this thread I get the impression that the 1.28 update does not solve this. I have version 1.24 at the moment

HI. To all intent and purpose, 1.24 "is" the latest firmware.

If I was you, I would have a look on the OCZ forums and if you can't find an answer, post a specific query there. The OCZ forums are not just user forums, a number of the mods are actually techies that work for OCZ. They can (and are quite happy to) even help expedite RMA's for people. One of the most helpful forums out there, very little duff info. or plagiarised work there. The other option would be of course to post a specific thread of your own on the OCuk forums.

Good luck.

Soldato
my 60gb vertex 2e firmware 1.11 is refusing to reinstall W7 - (CORRUPTs install halfway)

will the guide above return my ssd to its original factory state and cure the problem?

The guide I linked to should return your drive to the factory fresh state. I have used this method and it works a treat. And if re-installing windows, it's always recommended that you secure erase the drive first.

If it was me. After successfully secure erasing your drive, I would flash the firmware to the latest version (IE. 1.24 for most people). As there were a LOT of bug fixes and changes (especially between 1.11 and 1.23).

Good luck.

If further problems. Raise a new thread would be my recommendation.

Associate
OP
Not being rude. But why? as there's already a comprehensive guide on the OCZ forums. I just can't see the point personally in just cut & pasting someone else guide here!

As already posted: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/f...ootable-CD-USB-Linux..-Point-and-Click-Method

at least just posting a link gives the original author some credit for their work!

I made the guide as user friendly as possible, plus i would like to share it with ocuk members, whats your issue? I'm only trying to help people, i for one would rather read a guide from ocuk than OCZ.

Back
Top Bottom