***Official 2010 F1 thread***

Associate
Maybe the money?
Or maybe do what Button did and go head to head with a top-line driver to see if he can upset the apple-cart?

Renault reportedly pay him more than McLaren pay Button, and surely his best chance at a WDC would be as a number one in a good team rather than joint number one/number two in a team where your team mate is constantly taking points off you.

Man of Honour
If anyone can be bothered - TF110 unveiled in the new issue of Racecar Engineering...
Looks like they get under the skin of it, which is pretty cool. Apparently has an extreme diffuser and ride height adjustment. Shame that no one picked it up for this year. HRT kicking themselves?

Now...I really should subscribe as it avoids my hunt for the thing. :(

Soldato
Indeed. Who would we have rather had, Stefan GP coming in with cars designed on a vast Toyota budget and with trick design pieces all over....or Virgin, who couldn't even get the fuel tank size right?

Those cars may sound like they would be competitive, but my guess is that had Stefan GP used them, they would be lapping with similar times, to those of the other new teams.

It's all academic now, anyway.

Soldato
I don't understand the facination with this car. In all likelihood it would've been sat in the midfield, just as all Toyota's cars had sat previously.

Its a shame that one of the new teams couldn't have used it for themselves, but thats about it.

Now if somebody offered me a RedBull (the car, not the nasty drink)...that would be a completely different story. ;)

Back
Top Bottom