Poll: Official 2024 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Race 16/24

Rate the Monzo race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the results

Results are only viewable after voting.
The hard tyres seem to be a bit of an enigma for teams at the moment. They often seem to last a lot longer than they think/drop off pace wise much less than thought.

Anyway, good job by Leclerc.

Norris ****** it

Russell ****** it

Looked like a solid, but boring race for Lewis. The car was clearly miles off McLaren and Ferrari race pace but reasonably quicker than the Red Bull.

Not a bad race though with the strategy intrigue etc.

McLaren aren't ruthless enough. They try to play happy families with their strategy and drivers. It's why it looks like Ferrari will win today, and rightfully so.
Always been McLaren’ philosophy;
DC and Hakkinen could race each other (Austria 99….)
Hamilton and Alonso could race each other
Heck, Senna and Prost could race each other!

Slow hand clap for McLaren and Piastri, McLaren should have just settled into a 1 2 and looked after their tyres, then shadow what Leclerc did.
Total gift by McLaren threw away a guaranteed 1;2.
Mclaren were too busy looking at each other to realise they hadn't covered the Ferrari.

Crazy how red bull is now looking like 4th fastest car and I'm sure they said verstappen could do it in a haas...

Title is definitely on for lando I just don't think he's good enough to win a championship.

McLaren can’t seem to make the tough call.

It feels like they aren't taking the WDC that seriously which is odd.

They very realistically CAN win it, but it means putting Lando as no.1 and ordering Oscar to play rear guard.

I mean yeh it's noble etc to let them race but it's going to likely lose them the driver's title.

Last edited:
Another disappointing monza, under this set of rules it's generally been pretty dull. Mclaren need to back lando publically. With Oscar only being p2 it was an easy choice to get a few extra points today, much harder than asking him to give up p1. With the apparent pace gap mclaren should be able to walk both championships but they need to stop making the same mistakes they've been making all season.

All they're doing at the moment is potentially having a rosberg/Hamilton scenario building for next season if they come out with the quickest car as those two will be piling into each other every week.

All they're doing at the moment is potentially having a rosberg/Hamilton scenario building for next season if they come out with the quickest car as those two will be piling into each other every week.
So it’ll be exciting?

I feel like RBR should rollback their recent changes, leave Perez in P10+, and let Max run with it. Maybe they’ll figure out the car for the last few races.

Back
Top Bottom