Poll: Official 2024 Mexico City Grand Prix Race Thread - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez - Race 20/24

Rate the Mexican race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I'm not voting, I just want to see the results

Results are only viewable after voting.
Max finally punished for what he has been getting away with for the past three years, also shows without that tactic he has little else to offer

He absolutely can race wheel to wheel, there are countless examples of it over the years... the problem is when it comes to squeaky bum time against a title rival he will purposely go out of his way to not race wheel to wheel as it's previously proven to be the most effective way of defending position when you are the slower car.

If he gets penalised correctly and continues to drop points because of it he will soon adapt his behaviour, maybe this is the start of that.

Last edited:
Landos post race interview in the pen with him waxing lyrical about his respect for Max etc is a stark reminder about why he will lose the championship.

Even after all this he still puts their friendship above everything, something Max would never do. So disappointing to listen to.

Regarding Max, when Sainz overtook it was clean as it could be
As soon as Norris was on the scene, it got dirty.
Also didn’t like his engineer saying “there was a lot of whinging”
Can you blame them?!?
It really is pathetic again, and this time he didn’t really defend himself post-race; enough said
But, it’s still 47 points….

He absolutely can race wheel to wheel, there are countless examples of it over the years... the problem is when it comes to squeaky bum time against a title rival he will purposely go out of his way to not race wheel to wheel as it's previously proven to be the most effective way of defending position when you are the slower car.

If he gets penalised correctly and continues to drop points because of it he will soon adapt his behaviour, maybe this is the start of that.

Think this is the fairest summary, agree with everything you said and the first statement is 100% true (he's an exceptional talent). However, you can be aggressive, extremely on occasion but you have to know when you're beaten and concede. Was too far.

I think the only way Lando wins the DC is going to be a Max DNF somewhere. Max is still quick enough. Quali is still strong in single lap performance and there are a couple of sprints to go where he will pick up good point hauls. It's the long stints in race trim that he falls off. What are the upcoming tracks like for strategy in terms of one stop Vs two or three...

Think this is the fairest summary, agree with everything you said and the first statement is 100% true (he's an exceptional talent). However, you can be aggressive, extremely on occasion but you have to know when you're beaten and concede. Was too far.

The difference between Max and everyone else was highlighted by the George Vs Lewis battle quite well yesterday. Lewis took about 15 laps to grind down George and was patient, doing loads of wheel to wheel battle to get it done fairly. Max would have got it done after one lap by forcing them into a choice of an accident or leaving the track.
Max is quick but has no race craft these days. He used to when rising up through the ranks. But now he's forgotten how to.

Regarding Max, when Sainz overtook it was clean as it could be
As soon as Norris was on the scene, it got dirty.
Also didn’t like his engineer saying “there was a lot of whinging”
Can you blame them?!?
It really is pathetic again, and this time he didn’t really defend himself post-race; enough said
But, it’s still 47 points….

Yeh that whinging comment from his engineer really rubbed me up the wrong way.

Honestly, I hate the whole mindset and attitude of Red Bull. They always come across as grade A *******.

Last edited:
Yeh that whining comment from his engineer really rubbed me up the wrong way.

Honestly, I hate the whole mindset and attitude of Red Bull. They always come across as grade A *******.
Well paid grade A ********* I should imagine. I'd have to be receiving a 6 figure salary to contribute anything to that toxic cess pit of a team. I hear they pay well in catering. ;)

Last edited:
In yesterday's race, clearly, in last week's it was within the rules they have. But rules are there to do just that, reign in the neck of a driver if they go to far and in yesterday's race Max's behaviour went beyond expected driving behaviour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom