Poll: Official 2024 Singapore Grand Prix Race Thread - Marina Bay Street Circuit - Race 18/24

Rate the Singapore race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting for, just show me the results.

Results are only viewable after voting.
He shouldn't get a penalty. The only double yellows were literally on that last corner and he lifted straight away after passing. I know their reactions are quick but I don't see how he could have done anything better there.

It isn't under investigation, I don't think a penalty is on the cards.

Meanwhile, Carlos got fined £25k for sauntering across the track and a warning for ignoring race director's instructions.

I feel like if you are paid 40 million a year to drive an F1 car that when someone tells you to not swear in a press conference you should just accept it rather than hold some kind of weird protest over it.

Obviously hardly anyone cares about the swearing other than the people promoting the sport but when you get paid that much and participate in one of the biggest sports in the world you really should just accept it.

If im doing some official 'public' work in my job i make sure i don't use my regularly potty mouthed vocabularly and im paid peanuts relative to Verstappen.

Last edited:
I feel like if you are paid 40 million a year to drive an F1 car that when someone tells you to not swear in a press conference you should just accept it rather than hold some kind of weird protest over it.

Obviously hardly anyone cares about the swearing other than the people promoting the sport but when you get paid that much and participate in one of the biggest sports in the world you really should just accept it.

If im doing some official 'public' work in my job i make sure i don't use my regularly potty mouthed vocabularly and im paid peanuts relative to Verstappen.
I think there's two sides to it, I don't think the drivers should be swearing in FIA press conferences (or at all with the press) - but I do think that drivers should be allowed to say/communicate how they want over team radio. It's an insanely high pressure environment, I for sure would swear if/when someone cuts me off on a motorway at 70mph so I can understand there being a similar reaction during a race at 230mph.

It's F1 that have decided to broadcast more and more of the team radios, whether that's because they know it drives drama/chatter online or whether they feel it brings the viewers closer to the drivers.

It's also F1 who choose what messages are broadcast! Surely just don't broadcast any that involve swearing...

I still remember Montoya's legendary uncensored message and my Dad just turning to me going "yeah, don't go repeating that" - *** yeah, this is against our rules too ***

Last edited by a moderator:
why does someone's salary have any bearing over whether someone else can moderate their language? why not say if you earn over 150k you're not allowed to swear. moderating language only strengthens any sort of taboo and illicits a higher likelyhood of the opposite of the intent. just look at "swear" words now that are common place but 50-60 years ago were considered the height of vulgarity.

What a load of ********, £40m or not if your a sport man in a high pressure situation is see little wrong with the odd "****".
As I said earlier I watch a lot of footie, I've heard "Lizzies in a Box", "Knee Deep in Fenian blood" and "Build my Gallows" along with various Hillsborough chants on Live Footy, what an F1 driver says is so far down that it's unbelievable.

I don't dislike the guy, but I can't wait to see the back of DR in F1. He's made zero impact recently and there's lots of young talent waiting to get in.
I'd like to see him as a commentator, replacing Crofty i think.

Edit to add.

Sainz got a 25k fine half suspended for the rest of the year for crossing the track and a warning for failing to follow race direction in turn 2.

Last edited:
I don't dislike the guy, but I can't wait to see the back of DR in F1. He's made zero impact recently and there's lots of young talent waiting to get in.

He's a weird driver, for a time I was convinced he was a future champion and then... he completely tanked. I hoped he could recover his old form but he hasn't. Mid-season ignominy seems an unfitting end for him though.

Still, Lawson richly deserves that seat.

Strange how his F1 career panned out really, just when he should have been on the verge of his best years it all totally petered out. Still only 35 now but I can't see him getting another F1 drive so tomorrow's probably it.

My biggest problem with the Red Bull Jr seats is that they are going to keep Perez in the Sr seat regardless.. So what does it matter? They’ll just age Yuki and Lawson out with Hadjar or whoever the next big thing is and no one ever gets to the top team.

My biggest problem with the Red Bull Jr seats is that they are going to keep Perez in the Sr seat regardless..

Sergio only has that seat as long as they don't have a replacement. For some reason, they don't want Yuki, but they were clearly hoping to bring DR in but he's just not impressed. I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Lawson get it for next year if he does well for the rest of this season.

Back
Top Bottom