Poll: Official 2024 Singapore Grand Prix Race Thread - Marina Bay Street Circuit - Race 18/24

Rate the Singapore race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, we all know what happens behind the scenes with these two teams...
We know nothing - it's purely speculation unless any of you actually work there.

Danny Ric has a good relationship with RB so I can fully imagine him doing it as a parting gift/keeping himself in the conversation as a team player. Still room for him to replace Perez.

I feel like Norris needs to make this year count cos Piastri is only going one way and that's to the top. Next season he might be struggling to keep his team mate back let alone RB.

If Piastri is going right to the top with Lando as his team mate then he needs to drive quicker because its quite clear he doesn't have the raw pace of Lando yet. At this moment in time id rather have Norris's pace than Piastri's seemingly cooler head. Norris has better 1 lap pace and seemingly superior tyre management.

Also until Piastri is in some kind of title fight then we don't really know how cool and calm he is compared to the best as that's the environment when even the best drivers can crack.

Last edited:
We know nothing - it's purely speculation unless any of you actually work there.

Danny Ric has a good relationship with RB so I can fully imagine him doing it as a parting gift/keeping himself in the conversation as a team player. Still room for him to replace Perez.
Oh definitely Ricciardo was told to, after all, if you are fighting for your seat and management at the top says jump, he is obviously going to say "how hi"? Doesn't make it right, and what possible other reason was there to pit? He certainly didn't have a puncture.

Oh definitely Ricciardo was told to, after all, if you are fighting for your seat and management at the top says jump, he is obviously going to say "how hi"? Doesn't make it right, and what possible other reason was there to pit? He certainly didn't have a puncture.
Weird that an employee from RB or RBR would be ratting out their team like this.

Ricciardo definitely sounds like a guy that know's he's not going to be in Austin.
That said its Red Bull, he could be in Perez' seat by then for all we know.

That said I'm not sure I really see the logic in not letting him have the rest of the season; its not as if Lawson has any other F1 option for next season beyond AT; contract clause or not

Last edited:
Norris has better 1 lap pace and seemingly superior tyre management.

I think there's little doubt Lando is better right now, but Piastri is only in his second season. I'm pretty convinced Oscar has more talent, and just needs a bit more experience.

Also until Piastri is in some kind of title fight then we don't really know how cool and calm he is compared to the best as that's the environment when even the best drivers can crack.

Seemed pretty calm winning three championships on a trot prior to F1.

What's wrong with being told to steal a point from the title contender to your driver?

Answer: Nothing

People just don't want to think that the 1 point could make the difference, they've already lost the WCC so need the WDC to save face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom