Poll: Official 2024 Singapore Grand Prix Race Thread - Marina Bay Street Circuit - Race 18/24

Rate the Singapore race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting for, just show me the results.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think there's little doubt Lando is better right now, but Piastri is only in his second season. I'm pretty convinced Oscar has more talent, and just needs a bit more experience.

Seemed pretty calm winning three championships on a trot prior to F1.

I don't really buy into the narrative that his raw pace will improve considerably with more seasons. Unless you struggle for speed to begin with (which he hasn't) then more experience usually results in better race management etc, so whilst his tyre management may well improve im not sold on the idea that he's going to turn out to be the quicker driver.

I currently see him as a potential Rosberg/Button level talent, very very good and good enough to win a title but not generational. I feel Norris has a higher potential ceiling and is closer to Max in terms of pure talent but who knows how things will work out.

Either way McLaren have the best driver pairing going forward imo

Last edited:
I currently see him as a potential Rosberg/Button level talent, very very good and good enough to win a title but not generational. I feel Norris has a higher potential ceiling and is closer to Max in terms of pure talent but who knows how things will work out.

Time will tell :) I take pretty much the opposite view - Norris is good but not top tier, whilst Piastri is a potential multiple WDC kind of driver. I'm going to enjoy finding out which of us is right.

Either way McLaren have the best driver pairing going forward imo

It's certainly strong, but I'm not sure it's stronger than the Hamilton/Leclerc or Russell/Antonelli pairings that Ferrari and Mercedes are going to have next season.

Last edited:
Any team competing in F1 would use the same tactics if they had a jnr team - if anything it highlights how fearful Red Bull are for the WDC if they're resorting to this. Has to be said though as fast as Lando is dear me the lad is volatile he got really lucky with his escapades today.

Pretty boring race

Immense pace from Norris

Totally pants on head retarded strategy from Merc for Lewis. What on earth were they thinking?! There was a point even when Lecerc pitted and was behind Sainz, that he could have at least tried going onto mediums/softs and got the fastest lap, and likely still ended up in the same position.

Last edited:
Any team competing in F1 would use the same tactics if they had a jnr team - if anything it highlights how fearful Red Bull are for the WDC if they're resorting to this. Has to be said though as fast as Lando is dear me the lad is volatile he got really lucky with his escapades today.
I know what you mean. Even watching him way out in front today you still didn't feel as certain of a win like you would with say a Max, Lewis or Alonso. Whether that was down to the heat, trying to get the fastest lap etc, who knows. I just wouldn't feel comfortable betting my house on it. lol

Good reason to ban this kind of ownership structure if so.

Besides, Red Bull have owned two teams for years without this kind of shenanigans. Honestly, I'm still not convinced this wasn't just DR wanting to sign out on some kind of high.
He said himself that it was there was a bit wanting to have a final crack at a fast lap as well as a bit of Red Bull in mind in that if Max wins the championship by 1 point it guarantees him a really good christmas present. :D

Last edited:
Good reason to ban this kind of ownership structure if so.

Besides, Red Bull have owned two teams for years without this kind of shenanigans. Honestly, I'm still not convinced this wasn't just DR wanting to sign out on some kind of high.
Keeping a good relationship with the team is in his best interest. Not impossible that he gets another drive (doubtful), but at a minimum they’re good connections to have.

Used softs was a weird gamble to start on.

A ridiculous gamble to be honest.

Short run to turn 1. Even if he'd got Max and Norris, at least Norris would have sailed back past (and probably Max too).

Really a very odd thing to do. They pitted him so early too!

A ridiculous gamble to be honest.

Short run to turn 1. Even if he'd got Max and Norris, at least Norris would have sailed back past (and probably Max too).

Really a very odd thing to do. They pitted him so early too!
It’s wild that they thought they had that much pace on RB and McLaren.

He had to be in the lead lap 1 given how hard it is to overtake, and then they put him in the pits super early. Should’ve let George by and run his own race. At least then he wouldn’t have been on dead hard tyres.

From what I've heard both George and Lewis had to miss their media duties after the race because they both suffered from 'overheating'. They have both complained about the cockpit getting very hot in previous races so coupled with the hot humid conditions at Singapore it was a very tough race.

Last edited:
Hadn't realised how close Ferrari was to Red Bull in the constructors.

It's very possible that due to Perez being totally rubbish, Red Bull might drop to 3rd in the constructors.

Must be very rare (if it's even happened before) that a driver wins the WDC whilst his team comes 3rd in the constructors.

Hadn't realised how close Ferrari was to Red Bull in the constructors.

It's very possible that due to Perez being totally rubbish, Red Bull might drop to 3rd in the constructors.

Must be very rare (if it's even happened before) that a driver wins the WDC whilst his team comes 3rd in the constructors.
It’ll be interesting to see what RBR value most: the money Perez brings in or the money they’ll lose by not winning the WCC.

It’ll be interesting to see what RBR value most: the money Perez brings in or the money they’ll lose by not winning the WCC.
They gain wind tunnel and cfd time, which may be worth the financial loss. Checo brings in a boat load of cash anyway.

Back
Top Bottom